Buddy Martin: Mac never was a good fit

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
His short list is lazy, just like everyone else who keeps saying Mullen. Edit to say I'm honestly surprised he had Frost on there and not Stoops.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
His short list is lazy, just like everyone else who keeps saying Mullen.
You would think Buddy would be more in-the-know than this. He isn't some national schlub, he's been following the Gators for decades.

I think he may be losing it.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All these supposed journalists coming out now and piling on Mac remind me of all the Hollywood pukes coming out about Weinstein after the fact. They are all gutless.

Where was all this anxiety when the Gatornation, and this board in particular, was being ridiculed for complaining too much?

Now all the sudden they all knew that he was a bad fit and that there were problems inside the program.
Thanks so much for the fantastic journalism you frauds.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think some writers don't want to leave off obvious names in fear that NOT including those names would make them seem like they are clueless, especially if that person was hired. It's the old, "Nobody ever got fired for choosing the industry leader." Leaving Mullen's name off would have driven questions that maybe Buddy didn't want to answer.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think some writers don't want to leave off obvious names in fear that NOT including those names would make them seem like they are clueless, especially if that person was hired. It's the old, "Nobody ever got fired for choosing the industry leader." Leaving Mullen's name off would have driven questions that maybe Buddy didn't want to answer.
Or he's senile.

I'm not sure what Mullen has done to be considered the "industry leader". His record is a joke. Records also show that he donated money to the People for Intensifying Cruelty to Animals (PICA). No surprise there.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Or he's senile.

I'm not sure what Mullen has done to be considered the "industry leader". His record is a joke.
More along the lines of "well, everyone is bringing up his name, I guess I will, too. I'd hate to have missed something here and lose credibility" -- this is usually accompanied by a writer that is often full of crap. Takes one to know one, I suppose.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
All these supposed journalists coming out now and piling on Mac remind me of all the Hollywood pukes coming out about Weinstein after the fact. They are all gutless.

Where was all this anxiety when the Gatornation, and this board in particular, was being ridiculed for complaining too much?

Now all the sudden they all knew that he was a bad fit and that there were problems inside the program.
Thanks so much for the fantastic journalism you frauds.
Tell it, brother.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Or he's senile.

I'm not sure what Mullen has done to be considered the "industry leader". His record is a joke. Records also show that he donated money to the People for Intensifying Cruelty to Animals (PICA). No surprise there.

:lol:

I'm not saying he's a pedophile, but, you know, he did do a lot of interviews with Steve Babik.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen definitely has a layer of slime on him that people seem to notice. It's best not to wonder about what he does behind closed doors.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
He can recruit and lets his OC play aggressive. Sterling Gilbert had Texas humming in a short time with a frosh QB. USF is putting up points as well.

He also lost to Kansas and failed to make a bowl with Texas...

Give me a break....

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I think Mullen would do alright here, but don’t think he’d win us a national championship. You shouldn’t ever hire a guy that you don’t think can get you to the top. Same for Strong, he’d do good here, but not great.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
Or he's senile.

I quit reading what BM wrote when he used to insist John Brantley was going to be a starter in the NFL and it was all Urbs fault he wasn't succeeding here. No thank you on Mullen..his record against ranked teams isn't much better than Mac's..

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator