Bullard and McCallister likley out this week

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be happy to just get our injured offensive linemen back.

We aren't going to shut out FSU and if FAU can hold us to a meager 20 points, the offense is going to need to have a heck of a game. We need every one of those big uglies.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's that time of the year, unfortunately. Luckily our previous head coach left the cupboards stocked so ... oh wait :banghead:

Sep 29, 2015
Based upon previous injury prognosis lists, Questionable appears to equal Probable, which means if you're not Out, then you're In.* I think everyone plays but Sherit and McCalister (which hurts, but is manageable against Cook).

*Exception being if your injury required duct tape treatment.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
07-minister.jpg

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bullard was gimpy between snaps but could still blow things up once snapped... hard to say what status evolved once the adrenaline was turned off.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Speculation at the time was hyperextension. Question is, is it mild or serious? The latter could involve an ACL and cartilage.
Let me just add, as I did in the Tool Box during the game, that was one punk biiitch play by that FAU player.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law, I saw what you saw and lots of it.
I hesitate to say this given that it was FAU but there was a lot of borderline dirty blocking going on throughout that game.
I assume that message was communicated to FAU this week by Foley.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Let me just add, as I did in the Tool Box during the game, that was one punk biiitch play by that FAU player.

The injury prone illegal chop block happened several others times early in the game...we should never play those dirty mofos again, ever.....IMO.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We are screwed!!!!!!

:ohnoez:

Next walk-on, up.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I think the same player was called for personal foul for doing the exact same thing on the next play.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think the same player was called for personal foul for doing the exact same thing on the next play.
The penalty was called because one of their OL had already engaged our DL up high and another OL came in low on him. The block the kid had on Bullard that injured him was legal. You're allowed to cut block guys, just as long as they haven't already been engaged up high by another OL. Granted, chop blocking is still dirty as f*ck and gets guys injured all the time, but the block that hurt Bullard was technically legal.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The penalty was called because one of their OL had already engaged our DL up high and another OL came in low on him. The block the kid had on Bullard that injured him was legal. You're allowed to cut block guys, just as long as they haven't already been engaged up high by another OL. Granted, chop blocking is still dirty as f*ck and gets guys injured all the time, but the block that hurt Bullard was technically legal.

Denver Bronco OL made a living off of that.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Read an update on one of the Facebook pages yesterday that Bullard dressed out at practice yesterday but didn't participate.

Here's the whole rundown on what was said. Take it for what it's worth, since it came from Facebook.

Today I was at Tuesdays football practice, I'm going to tell you who and who wasn't there.

- Who wasn't there -

Alex McCalister ( Foot )

Raven Bryan (Ankle ) - I'm sure he meant Taven* Bryan here....typo or spelling error.

- Who was there -

Johnathan Bullard ( Right Leg )

Joey Ivie ( Knee )

Martez Ivey ( Shoulder )

Jordan Sherit ( Hamstring )

David Sharpe ( Foot )

Brandon Powell ( Foot )

Caleb Brantley ( Abdomen/Groin )

Cameron Dillard ( Leg )

Antonio Morrison ( Stomach /Hamstring )

Vernon Hargreaves ( Illness )

- Bullard wore a brace on his right knee.

- Some Notes -

Ivie was at practice for the first time since undergoing his surgery during Vandy week. Thomas Holley ( Hip ) was also at practice Tuesday for the first time in weeks.

C.J. Worton was also with the team dressed in full pads with his right ankle taped. Ivey wore a brace on his right shoulder under his pads.

Alex Anzalone ( Shoulder ) was once again not dressed but walked in with the team. Bullard and Anzalone stood together on the sideline not practicing.

Again, take it for what it's worth cause I don't know what this guy's supposed connection is that supposedly allowed him into practice.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I did not know that Ivey hadn't practiced in weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.