Butters is fool's gold

southerngrilling

Dec 5, 2015
today's win was pure luck on the offensive side. no wY we can hit hail mary's week in and week out to win games. make no mistake, butters is not the guy nor is nuss. we need to move on from this joke and be in serous talks with chip kelly. fire butters after loss to FSU and let the chip kelly era begin. we need to get him before UT or auburn does. both of their coaches will be fired at seasons end.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
No one thinks there was anything golden about butters before and still don't now. We're happy for the win, but still know he's probabaly the worst coach we've ever had on the sidelines.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Word on the streets Foley fired up the plane after half time to go visit with Chip Kelly ....

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
1-1...............so I guess you were wrong about 0-2. "he was lucky, he was lucky" lmao

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Whether its him being a bad coach, snake bit, etc. I'll take the win, but with that talent something has to click. We'll have to wait and see. And MANY of us on here have said by the first couple of weeks in Oct., we'll know. Until then, carry on.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Mac may not be the guy, but "he was lucky" is not a valid position. Whatever combination of events, the team won the game. If you pull the he was lucky line, then by the same token, when he loses, its just as valid to say he was unlucky. People say things like this when they want to make statements that validate their position.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Mac may not be the guy, but "he was lucky" is not a valid position. Whatever combination of events, the team won the game. If you pull the he was lucky line, then by the same token, when he loses, its just as valid to say he was unlucky. People say things like this when they want to make statements that validate their position.
Uh... No! I get what you're trying to say, but you're wrong. He did luck up into that win yesterday. There's generally some luck in a Hail Mary pass. And by contrast, not many of our losses are close. Therefore, just because a win is lucky doesn't mean every game has to be luck. When you're getting raped by Alabama and FSU, I wouldn't call that luck.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Uh... No! I get what you're trying to say, but you're wrong. He did luck up into that win yesterday. There's generally some luck in a Hail Mary pass. And by contrast, not many of our losses are close. Therefore, just because a win is lucky doesn't mean every game has to be luck. When you're getting raped by Alabama and FSU, I wouldn't call that luck.

Would anyone like to pony up and explain why he didn't call a timeout after not making the 1st down? We had 2 left and he just stood on the sideline like a deer in head lights.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I got nothing on that no time out call or trying to ice the kicker before half time but try not to take this win so hard my brothers.
We beat a hated rival, the team from the east we almost always HAVE to beat for a chance at Atlanta, we did it in a fashion that once again CRUSHED the spirits of a hated rival and we are 1-0 in the SEC. Too many positive to keep going "but what if what if"............enjoy it, replay the last play, go outside and spot the small previews of fall approaching. .........we know that "butters sucks, Nuss sucks, it all sucks" by now as we read it here every MFCKN day.............bottom line.........always the bottom line,...........we won.
give me an amen JBoss.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Tinerc and Bandboy Bytch sucks and Butters sucks ever so slighlty less.

He is still the worst coach we have had since Doug dickey though.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mac and staff were not lucky today. Butch Jones and his staff showed how ****ty they are... That staff is definitely toast...

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Funny it ended the way it did. Those kind of plays rarely happen to us, it seems everyone else enjoys those kinds of plays. It was a shocker that there was no flag thrown and the TD actually stood.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As we all know, Fool's Gold has been used to described our entire football team dating back to Muschamp's 11 win season and it's the thing that gives knowledgable Gator fans the most angst because it allows an AD to kick the can down the road so as not to do the inevitable. It's so obvious but yet it continues year after year. It's like watching a car wreck happening in slow motion knowing there's nothing you can do about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.