Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Mac by no means owns a monopoly on BS. All coaches oversell the opportunity. It's a transaction. It's up to both sides to do due diligence.

I mean no malice to Malik. I wish him well.
Someone should have warned malik that or side knew only how to perform doo diligence.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
That’s an indictment on Butters that our QB situation is so poor. I still contend Franks starts day one and the bring in EJ situationally like Tebow was his freshman year. By no means should we be redshirting EJ. One thing is certain, new staff means all the QBs on the roster will get an opportunity to prove themselves worthy of the start. Let the best guy win.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That’s an indictment on Butters that our QB situation is so poor. I still contend Franks starts day one and the bring in EJ situationally like Tebow was his freshman year. By no means should we be redshirting EJ. One thing is certain, new staff means all the QBs on the roster will get an opportunity to prove themselves worthy of the start. Let the best guy win.

If Franks is struggling still by mid-season they need to insert EJ to get some experience.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Malik should have been inserted in the 4th quarter of both the LSU loss and the TAMU loss. He should have been given a chance to get us a couple first downs leading to some Eddie Pinero Game Winning tries.... What a freakin' gip that we have one of the best kickers ever and we Fail repeatedly to get him in position to win it for us... Plus, no 60 yard tries either. Man, what a sh!t-show they delivered. Everyone got gipped.

Without a doubt, inserting Malik into the game in the 4th quarter against LSU and TAMU would have made a difference. All we needed were several 1st downs against TAMU, and changing it up with Malik in the game would have given us a better chance than Felipe.

Mac' stubbornness in not being willing to change it up and insert Malik (or just do anything different) in those two games wasn't the "straw that broke the camel's back," but there is not doubt that it was just one more thing in the stack of issues that led to his dismissal.

Nonetheless, although I've never been one to be willing to lose a game to dump the coach, you have to wonder if we had won those two games - would Mac still be here? So maybe it's best that he and Nuss would not insert Malik. As a result, Mac and Nuss sowed the wind and reaped the whirlwind.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that it was dumb to lure him to UF too late for him to really have a chance to learn the offense or for the staff to adjust their plans to utilize his strengths.

I can’t blame a dad for championing his son, but unseemly to whine about the past. And he’s not going to play QB in the NFL. He’s just not that good. Maybe the CFL.

While Mac certainly could not have guaranteed that he would start when he lured him to UF, I just don't believe Mac gave Zaire the chance - I just can't believe Zaire didn't "know the playbook" four or five games into the season. Why bring him to UF if we weren't going to use him?

As for his pro chances, I agree that his dad is barking up the wrong tree - maybe a successful season at UF, with multiple starts and wins, would have given Malik the springboard into the NFL. But his minimal experience is just not enough of a sample size to justify him going to the NFL.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
While Mac certainly could not have guaranteed that he would start when he lured him to UF, I just don't believe Mac gave Zaire the chance - I just can't believe Zaire didn't "know the playbook" four or five games into the season. Why bring him to UF if we weren't going to use him?
:mac:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator