Cadillac launches vehicle "subscriptions"

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So it's basically short term leasing, and they charge out the butt for it because it's a Cadillac? Color me unimpressed.

:rolleyes4:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So it's basically short term leasing, and they charge out the butt for it because it's a Cadillac? Color me unimpressed.

:rolleyes4:
Not quite. Everything is paid for, including the insurance. Plus you can switch cars up to 18 times in 12 months.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Interesting play for market share. Cadillac is more of a small-audience to target, IMO. I would expect brands like Lexus, and more likely BMW or Mercedes to consider a similar offering. Only people that could do it is those with more dollars than sense, however.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
"BOOK will officially launch in New York City on February 1 as a month-to-month arrangement"

What a perfect place to drive a car...especially a luxury car.
I don't see any problems with this at all.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
The biggest problem in New York City is parking.

...and paying for it. Monthly parking fees were higher than my rent in Florida.
And the main reason why I sold my car before I moved to Manhattan back in the day.

If you were lucky enough to find street parking - you then had to worry about opposite side of the street days when you had to move your car to the other side of the street for the street sweepers.

Between the cabs, Uber, buses and the subway - you really don't need a car in Manhattan, other than to leave the city on trips.
The other four boroughs (Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens and Staten Island) - cars are more likely to be a necessity.

And bringing us back on topic -
This is where this Cadillac program might have some traction.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Personally I think the program is going to be an overwhelming success. And I think other companies are going to follow suit, possibly with lower-end cars.

pilot-in-fla

Deplorable
Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2015
If you were lucky enough to find street parking - you then had to worry about opposite side of the street days when you had to move your car to the other side of the street for the street sweepers.

They had the same opposite side of the street restriction in the Bronx in places that hadn't seen a street sweeper in months if not years and they were aggressively enforced. So people would simply double park on the other side of the street.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Personally I think the program is going to be an overwhelming success. And I think other companies are going to follow suit, possibly with lower-end cars.

You know, if you think about it, it's similar to a lease but without a lot of the restrictions and costs.
If the plan covers insurance and maintenance as well as the ability to swap out a car fairly often - is it really that much more in the long run?
People will definitely pay more for convenience...

You could be on to something, however I believe you also thought Trump was going to win the election.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You know, if you think about it, it's similar to a lease but without a lot of the restrictions and costs.
If the plan covers insurance and maintenance as well as the ability to swap out a car fairly often - is it really that much more in the long run?
People will definitely pay more for convenience...

You could be on to something, however I believe you also thought Trump was going to win the election.
Trump did win, didn't he? :ugh:

What it really comes down to is a LOT of convenience and not being locked in to a payment long term. To a lot of people, that would be worth the extra money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.