Caleb Brantley Returning

Sep 29, 2015
http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Caleb-Brantley-announces-he-wont-enter-NFL-Draft-early-42138861

This is great news. He really improved as the season wore on and I thought could be a candidate to make the jump. Happy he'll be a Gator for one more year as he will mitigate the loss of Bullard on the line (Bullard's increased draft stock from returning likely influenced Brantley decision to stay).*

*As I actually read the article and not just the headline, this apparently was the case.**

**Because it will be mentioned, I had to stop at the headline to post immediately in order to preempt the gator news vultures constantly circling this board

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Didnt Moses Jenkins announce he was returning one year? :rotfl:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good news. Now coach just needs to teach him to watch the ball and not listen to the snap count so he'll stop costing us 5 yard offsides penalties.

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
Party.

Now we just need McCalister to come back and I'll feel much better about our D heading into next season.

He should especially follow Bullard's lead. I would think he could make himself significantly more money by coming back next year rather than jumping a year early.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I credit this to the example set by Jon Bullard. (I think he's a good candidate to become a member of the Ring of Honor, somewhere down the line.)

But I am very pleased that Caleb Brantley is doing this. Obviously there are injury risks in following this path, but the odds are it will be a win-win for him personally and for the Gators.

Hurray !

Last edited:

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I credit this to the example set by Jon Bullard. (I think he's a good candidate to become a member of the Ring of Honor, somewhere down the line.)

But I am very pleased that Bryant is doing this. Obviously there are injury risks in following this path, but the odds are it will be a win-win for him personally and for the Gators.

Hurray !
I share the sentiment but who the hell is Bryant?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Great news. Hope this trend continues. Come back, kick azz, teach the young bucks how it's done, then get paid.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Kelvin Taylor and drob haven't been practicing this week. Could be a sign that they're going to declare early.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Cool! Go Gators!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Party.

Now we just need McCalister to come back and I'll feel much better about our D heading into next season.

He should especially follow Bullard's lead. I would think he could make himself significantly more money by coming back next year rather than jumping a year early.
I heard that. We need the skinny man back. All arms and legs and slicker than an eel.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Extremely important part of that article

"Meanwhile, a handful of other juniors who are likely considering making the jump were at practice on Friday. Defensive end Bryan Cox Jr. and safeties Marcus Maye and Keanu Neal were all present."

If all 3 of those guys stay, we have a shot at an elite defense, which could have us right back in the mix next year

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Extremely important part of that article

"Meanwhile, a handful of other juniors who are likely considering making the jump were at practice on Friday. Defensive end Bryan Cox Jr. and safeties Marcus Maye and Keanu Neal were all present."

If all 3 of those guys stay, we have a shot at an elite defense, which could have us right back in the mix next year

I'm hoping it's all due to the Mac Attract.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator