Callaway to play against Michigan

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The moral side of me says he should have been suspended...but the Urban Meyer, win-at-all-costs side is very happy w/ this! :D

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The moral side of me says he should have been suspended...but the Urban Meyer, win-at-all-costs side is very happy w/ this! :D
The moral side of me died a long time ago when it comes to being a football fan.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hope he's being given a much worse punishment than a game suspension

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

As I said in another post, the moral side of me isn't bothered because his issues won't be fixed by a one or two game suspension. Hopefully Mac is doing something though and not letting it slide.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Quezzie was on Gators Breakdown a couple of weeks ago. Said that a lot of times it's handled internally and people need not to worry about it.
Game suspensions are more of a publicity stunt than they are effective.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If the kid did something really bad like beat somebody or actually violate somebody's rights... I would be pissed that he wasn't getting suspended.

Since all he did was get caught with some marijuana and that doesn't hurt anybody else.. I am OK with this being handled internally.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I've said it before, suspend him for N Colorado game, he's need to play against Michigan. This is what all our rivals would do for a big game as well, so it won't make me feel bad one bit. He's already hurt his draft status anyways with these incidents so that will be a bigger punishment for him down the road.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I don't mind if he's not suspended for the ganja and the pipe.

However, he should be suspended (i.e. Pay a stupid tax) for being out with a known thug, more than twice his age at 4:00 am.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida football: Jim McElwain gives update on Antonio Callaway

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-football-jim-mcelwain-gives-update-antonio-callaway

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — As of right now, Florida coach Jim McElwain said he doesn’t anticipate wide receiver Antonio Callaway — or any other player, for that matter — to sit out the Gators’ Sept. 2 season opener against Michigan in Arlington, Texas.

“Right now everybody’s doing a great job,” McElwain said Wednesday at Florida’s media day to open up fall camp. “I don’t anticipate it. But there’s still some requirements on everybody. … As of right now, all hands on deck.”

Callaway was cited for possession of marijuana during a May 13 traffic stop while riding with an older man with a lengthy rap sheet. The junior pled no contest to possession of paraphernalia and was fined $301 last month, but his status for the season opener against Michigan remains uncertain.

McElwain declined to say anything definitive on the matter during SEC Media Days last month, reiterating that Callaway was doing what was asked of him behind the scenes.

Callaway is Florida’s leading returning receiver, with 1,399 career receiving yards and seven receiving touchdowns. He is the only player in Gators football history to score a touchdown in five ways (receiving, rushing, passing, kickoff return, punt return).

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I assume you mean the Urban Meyer, Bobby Bowden, Jimbo Fisher, Nick Saban, Mark Richt, Gus Malzahn, Hugh Freeze, Dabo Swinney, et. al. Win at all costs side.
I think you gt my point, I stopped fighting it 3-4 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator