Cam being Cam (Newton)....

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Lost his deal with Dannon yougurt over that comment. Gatorade likely to follow suit.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
I don't like him, but what he said isn't that big of a deal. I think what he was saying is, a lady doesn't play football. And they dont. He was, I think just being silly for that reason. There are, Plenty of things a lady can do and I'm all for it. But I dont think women being the leads on game day sets etc.....most other sports, you have former players or coaches doing it. Women have women's sports to do all of that. There are places they better fit. But not football. Side line reporting, don't have a problem there. But sitting and commentating a sport no lady has ever played.....

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Newton's a douche bag, and the reporter had a right to be offended by his comment. She deserves, and should get, and apology from him.

On the other hand, the millions of other self-righteous, virtue-signaling a-holes out there with their faux indignation talking about this like it was the Kennedy assassination, need to STFU.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't like him, but what he said isn't that big of a deal. I think what he was saying is, a lady doesn't play football. And they dont. He was, I think just being silly for that reason. There are, Plenty of things a lady can do and I'm all for it. But I dont think women being the leads on game day sets etc.....most other sports, you have former players or coaches doing it. Women have women's sports to do all of that. There are places they better fit. But not football. Side line reporting, don't have a problem there. But sitting and commentating a sport no lady has ever played.....
98.9% of any commentary persons have never played a down of football but it's ok because their male?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
He should tell them all to kiss his behind and let the chips fall where they will. Sick of the media about everything.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
So was she saying something stupid? Uninformed? Sexist much?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Lost his deal with Dannon yougurt over that comment. Gatorade likely to follow suit.

Jeez ... a QB could call BS on an NFL 330 lb OT talking about route running ...? with zero repercussions.?? This is PC policing, "justice" by the strong arm of the flaw. Punish him, extract from his income as a speaking crime fine ?? Such truth they may disguise with multicultural socio-babble, but it is speech policing with punishment.

Isn't the "real-world" statement here funnier (weirder) than Newton's?

Last edited:

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
He should tell them all to kiss his behind and let the chips fall where they will. Sick of the media about everything.
I'm all about saying f*** you to the mainstream media and all their snowflake supporters.

This incident was both not a good look for Cam Newton but certainly not the big deal it was blown into by ESPN and Fox Sports one and the snowflake infested mainstream media.

Cam > Jameis. Both have issues at qb and as true leaders.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I wouldn't piss on Cam if he were on fire, that said this is huge problem with our country today. Your not allowed to say anything without some pussy getting offended, and then their forced to apologize. Cam saying that is by far the best thing that will ever happen to help that reporters career. I'd respect Cam a lot more if he told them all to go **** themselves at the next press conference.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Cam has already proffered a retreating apology.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
98.9% of any commentary persons have never played a down of football but it's ok because their male?

I understand where you're coming from, but I'd guess most commentary/analysts, etc who cover football HAVE indeed played the game - weather in pop warner, junior HS, HS, or college. I'd guess well over 50%, probably closer to 75-90%. I can't stand some of the female's that cover/have convered sports for ESPN (Rachel Nichols, specifically). They literally act like they've "been there, done that". But of course, in this day and age, you can't say sh*t because someone will be offended....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.