Can we talk Aaron Rogers?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Bad luck. Crazy. So what does this mean for his contract, is NY stuck paying or ??
Who else is going to pay? :crazy:

Green Bay only has to give up a 2nd round pick. They would have had to give up a 1st if Rodgers played in 65% of the snaps.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Poster Boy Prima-Dona. If there isn't any drama, he will make some. Leaves GB in drama, gets traded to the Jets, loves the camera in Hard Knocks, leads the team out of the tunnel carrying the American Flag, then on the 4th play of the game, tears up his Achilles Tendon!

You couldn't make this up.

I don't like AArod or the Jets but this is really over the Top......... Is it Karma? Really bad luck? Just real Hard Knocks?

With all that, I'm sorry he's hurt and I wish him a speedy recovery (I think he's done as a NFL player).

As far as the Jets go.......... I hope they lose every game!
Wow, that's one of the puffiest vulvas I've ever seen.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
That's not what happened at all. Montana tore a ligament in his elbow, missed the 1991 season and almost all of the 1992 season. He requested a trade to cut down on the drama.
Have you watched his new documentary? Goes much more in depth to this and he is still bitter at being forced out because that is what George Seifert did. Bill Walsh was also trying to force him out during the back to back in late 80's for Young. At the time he was still much better than Young, but Young had the bigger upside/longevity at the time. Seifert basically said Young was the starter no matter what, even if he lost the entire team over it. The owner tried to pull rank, but Joe wouldn't let him tank the coach.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
With the exception of Brady who was lucky 39 year old men shouldn't be playing QB and raking in multi-millions to do it. **** goes bad when you're over 35.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Poster Boy Prima-Dona. If there isn't any drama, he will make some. Leaves GB in drama, gets traded to the Jets, loves the camera in Hard Knocks, leads the team out of the tunnel carrying the American Flag, then on the 4th play of the game, tears up his Achilles Tendon!

You couldn't make this up.

I don't like AArod or the Jets but this is really over the Top......... Is it Karma? Really bad luck? Just real Hard Knocks?

With all that, I'm sorry he's hurt and I wish him a speedy recovery (I think he's done as a NFL player).

As far as the Jets go.......... I hope they lose every game!
Should help
1694565964146.png

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who else is going to pay? :crazy:

Green Bay only has to give up a 2nd round pick. They would have had to give up a 1st if Rodgers played in 65% of the snaps.

No…the Jets now only have to give up a 2nd round pick to Green Bay instead of a first.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Have you watched his new documentary? Goes much more in depth to this and he is still bitter at being forced out because that is what George Seifert did. Bill Walsh was also trying to force him out during the back to back in late 80's for Young. At the time he was still much better than Young, but Young had the bigger upside/longevity at the time. Seifert basically said Young was the starter no matter what, even if he lost the entire team over it. The owner tried to pull rank, but Joe wouldn't let him tank the coach.

Correct. It was not a smooth drama free transition at all.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Angry Harrison Ford GIF

Any one known as "deuce"?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
i was thrilled when GB finally let him walk. he's been a negative on the team the last couple seasons. Sure he'll lead them to a playoff birth, and even a 1 or 2 seed, but then promptly takes a dump on the 50 yd line in the 1st or 2nd game after their off week. Losing in the playoffs happens, to everyone except 1 team. I can deal with that, but the way GB lost was entirely on rodgers the last few years. hes had some of the most horrific and embarrassing performances in professional history. I remember when they hosted Tampa Tom and our defense picked him off 4x's. 4X'S in the second half! That shoud be enough to win a home game, but no. Rodgers went out here and promptly handed the ball right back to them each time, either 3 and out style with bad passing and decisions, or a turnover. Dont get me started on the snow game at home against the niners... good lord. Garapolo didnt have a single completion in the first half, but rodgers said hold my beer.

Arod's prime is long gone, he gets nicked up easily now, chokes badly in the playoffs, and is really prickly with teammates and coaches. Im glad GB moved on. Its unfortunately for the jets, but my opinion is they werent going anywhere with him anyway. They may have won more, but were still destined for disappointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator