CBN on Josh Pate’s the Late Kick on Tuesday

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Dude has the personality of a plant.

I can't watch that dolt. I fast forwarded through both interviews during the spring game. I feel like my IQ drops a few points every time I hear him.

I was hoping for a brief summary from someone who had the fortitude to listen to this.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Going Crazy Will Ferrell GIF

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
We would all like to have a successful program and see a much better product on the field, but that is going to take monumental changes, much of which starts with the staff meaning the head coach. But how can anyone feel that is ever going to happen as I had to turn this off after the host asked a genuine, simple question about special teams play. Sling Blade put more twists and turns into that answer than I ever watched a mouse trying to navigate a maze. Listening to that most farcical, convoluted answer left me thinking we had Ray Guy as our punter, Adam Vinatieri as our kicker, Matthew Slater on kick coverage, Devin Hester returning all kicks, never committed a penalty the entire season on special teams and averaged 1 blocked kick per game. For Christ sakes, that answer alone is enough to show anyone who has ever watched 5 minutes of football that Karl will never be a successful head coach at the highest level. It was borderline perjury.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I tried. I really, really tried to get through it all. I turned it off after Billy said Special Teams was one of the best in the nation.

I don't think you can fix a problem if you don't think there is a problem to fix.

Do I think that's coach speak? No, I genuinely believe that Billy is perplexed every time we lose.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I enjoyed the interviews. He is honest and genuine. Can't wait for the season.
I actually thought it was a pretty good interview too.

I didn’t really see any Coach speak. And even on the special teams issue he said they have had organizational challenges. He did qualify it by saying that the rest of the ST worked really well but organizationally (getting people on the field, etc…) they know they work

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Napier is going all-in on his plan and process. It either works or it won't. One thing from that interview seems clear to me. Everyone there from the players, to support staff, to the UAA are all-in as well, and they all think the ship is moving towards the right direction and much further almost than the outside perception. We'll see.

But I don't get the sense that Napier is on any hot seat. When that pressure is there, you can see and hear it in the coaches during their interviews. Napier has the demeanor of someone who won 8 or 9 games last year. Know a lot of people think he'll be fired mid-season, but I think the only way Napier is let go is if there is another losing regular season at the end of the year.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Napier is going all-in on his plan and process. It either works or it won't. One thing from that interview seems clear to me. Everyone there from the players, to support staff, to the UAA are all-in as well, and they all think the ship is moving towards the right direction and much further almost than the outside perception. We'll see.

But I don't get the sense that Napier is on any hot seat. When that pressure is there, you can see and hear it in the coaches during their interviews. Napier has the demeanor of someone who won 8 or 9 games last year. Know a lot of people think he'll be fired mid-season, but I think the only way Napier is let go is if there is another losing regular season at the end of the year.

Right now he isn't. Stricklin wants this to work, and has made that clear.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017

Pate seems high on program and even presses those that don’t agree to bet against them at Fan Duel. He must be getting a cut of those that bet we will win more than 6 games. Billy literally has nothing to lose by not changing anything and everything to gain. Either he proves he was right with at least a 7-9 win season or he walks away a fired multi-millionaire at mid season. At least he hasn't mailed it in yet like Mullen did after the LSU Shoe throw loss..

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
I also thought it was good. My biggest takeaway is that he knows he's in year 3, he has a roster of his guys, and he knows they need to win regardless of schedule. This is his year. We will all know after the Miami game what this team will be.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I also thought it was good. My biggest takeaway is that he knows he's in year 3, he has a roster of his guys, and he knows they need to win regardless of schedule. This is his year. We will all know after the Miami game what this team will be.
We know now. We’ve got 2 years of data to show us.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
At least he hasn't mailed it in yet like Mullen did after the LSU Shoe throw loss..
i feel like hes been mailing it in since he arrived. what part of the program is better than when dildo dan was here - and dont say facilities b/c that has nothing to do with either of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator