CBN on Josh Pate’s the Late Kick on Tuesday

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When I go to the post office people'll ask me, "Hey aka, why do you do it man? What, you some kinda message board junkie?" You know what I'll say? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you, and that's it. That's all it is. As for your jab at my job, don't even think about it, alright... I deliver better on my own.
HOF

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ahhhhh yes... yet another person who fails to realize that it wouldn't matter if we hired the greatest recruiter/coach of all time, unless the administration will allow the kind of recruits we need/want in order to win Natty's on campus, it would "improve" us to having a 10 win year (but probably no Natty) 1.5 times every 5 years, maybe 2 in 5.

Reality bites.

What if our 2nd ranked class had stuck last year and we followed it up with three more consecutive classes that had the same talent level that we’d been allowed to recruit that year? You don’t think we’d have the ingredients for a title? I’m completely on board with the idea that we need an overhaul at the top. But we had our best class since Meyer going into the uga game last year. Then Billy decided to Billy. That’s not an NIL or admin problem. That’s a Napier problem.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
What if our 2nd ranked class had stuck last year and we followed it up with three more consecutive classes that had the same talent level that we’d been allowed to recruit that year? You don’t think we’d have the ingredients for a title? I’m completely on board with the idea that we need an overhaul at the top. But we had our best class since Meyer going into the uga game last year. Then Billy decided to Billy. That’s not an NIL or admin problem. That’s a Napier problem.
Nbc Noice GIF by Law & Order

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Ahhhhh yes... yet another person who fails to realize that it wouldn't matter if we hired the greatest recruiter/coach of all time, unless the administration will allow the kind of recruits we need/want in order to win Natty's on campus, it would "improve" us to having a 10 win year (but probably no Natty) 1.5 times every 5 years, maybe 2 in 5.

Reality bites.
nerds GIF

My question is: With all our "road" scholars, and our super-duper brainiac HC, with his dozens of analyticing minions, why can't we count to 11?

Tell me why.

i want it that way millennium GIF by BACKSTREET BOYS

Last edited:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I tried. I really, really tried to get through it all. I turned it off after Billy said Special Teams was one of the best in the nation.

I don't think you can fix a problem if you don't think there is a problem to fix.

Do I think that's coach speak? No, I genuinely believe that Billy is perplexed every time we lose.

Sun Belt Billy said in the first 30 seconds of the interview that this is the first time since being there that he feels they're not solving a major problem. That led me to question what major problems has this bozo solved in his time in Gainesville. It also led me to wonder why isn't he solving the other major problems that still need to be solved. Special teams comes to mind as evidenced by the spring game. How about clock management and overall competence across the board?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Although I know many of you all watched the full YouTube video above, for those that did not go directly to it (because there’s a lot of stuff not related to Florida in it), here is an excerpt that deals specifically with Josh Pate’s thoughts on our program.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Although I know many of you all watched the full YouTube video above, for those that did not go directly to it (because there’s a lot of stuff not related to Florida in it), here is an excerpt that deals specifically with Josh Pate’s thoughts on our program.
What were his thoughts last year? Darkhorse NC contender as I recall?

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Okay Gator J, good to hear from Pate. Doubt he has any motives other than reporting what he sees. But Napier seems to have disregarded some issues regardless of building the foundation. Nothing excuses their game management, ignoring STs and his almost insistence on calling plays. The good news is, he has no more excuses if his staff and he make mistakes that cost the team and the program.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Okay Gator J, good to hear from Pate. Doubt he has any motives other than reporting what he sees. But Napier seems to have disregarded some issues regardless of building the foundation. Nothing excuses their game management, ignoring STs and his almost insistence on calling plays. The good news is, he has no more excuses if his staff and he make mistakes that cost the team and the program.
I don’t think he’s done a bad job with construction of the program. There was a lot of cleaning up to do after Mullen’s lazy azz left.

But Mullen and Napier are exact opposites. Mullen excelled only on the field and was lazy off the field which led to the foundation crumbling. And Napier excels off the field and sucks on the field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.