CDM Did Well Yesterday

Big Wave

Nov 26, 2017
Like many/most of us I am more encouraged about our HC than I have been in a decade. A few small observations from the Auburn game.

1. Good timeout to challenge targeting on Pierce's fumble. Anyone who has coached knows that sidelines are chaotic in a quick change. He kept his cool and got a free timeout in a critical situation. Should've been overturned, imo.

2. Had EJ ready to come in a lead a scoring drive when KT went down. Most coaches surrender that possession.

3. Clock management at the end of the first half. It's a small thing, but we've all seen coaches screw that up. He played it perfectly.

4. Stuck with his offensive plan despite pass pro issues, turnovers, little running room, and an injured QB. That shows confidence in himself and his players. Perrine's dagger-to-the-heart was a result of CDM's patience.

5. It seemed to me the staff set up their defensive plan all season. Different looks than they've showed. That kind of foresight and planning is a credit to the HC.

I'll wager he gets a clock in KT's head and takes the fake punt option away from the kicker. That elimates three turnovers.

Recruiting will pick up with wins like that and the stand alone + better housing.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Called a great game except for running out the clock. The pass back to Trask could have been a disaster (it wasn’t)

Also, why would you take your qb, with a sprained knee, and run him on a keeper right into the D/L? That’s what RBs are for.

Perhaps I’m nit picking, but those calls were real WTF moments for me.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
That was a WTF moment for sure. I just don't get it.
Especially considering how unsuccessful that play has been since Franks got hurt (and even then, it was an iffy play call). It needs to be scrapped going forward unless EJ is in.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Mullen is streaky. Sometimes he calls brilliant plays and then you get a WTF play. The QB runs were bad and that fake punt was turrible.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
DM aint perfect...........no coach is............he does take chances............I like that........

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.