Changes at WWE

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I had seen a move to more physical female matches, and of course the usual whining. I also don't like the "best in the world" theme. Perhaps these folks will go back to traditional type of technical wrestling.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
https://nypost.com/2019/06/27/vince-mcmahon-taps-former-rivals-to-run-wwe-shows/

Vince McMahon, the longtime boss of the wrestling empire, has tapped two of his ex-rivals to run the weekly shows “Monday Night Raw” and “SmackDown Live” — a surprise move that looks like a gut punch for his son-in-law Paul Levesque, a top executive at the company.

Comment as you desire, it surprised me.
Paul Levesque is running NXT which as it currently stands is the best promotion in the country. Not really a gut punch.

This is obviously a step in the right direction because WWE has been down rift unwatchable for 10 plus years and just mediocre for going on 20.

Idk how much they can change though with this corporate mandated, sponsor funded pg era. Daniel Bryan got fired for choking someone in the background for Christ sakes.

AEW is all that matters to me at the moment. DON was great, made me feel like watching wrestling in its heyday. WWE is nothing but an entertainment company that puts on a show that resembles a former wrestling product. Hopefully these two can actually infuse the creative with their own views

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
the WWE needs new talent new voices new approaches not freaking Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff both long in the tooth 10 years ago. Is Russo next?

At least this will get Paul Heyman off the camera. Its kind of passe when he says Brockkkkk Lesnarrrr! Lol.

Strange company. They're running a workhorse who has had leukemia twice into the ground when he should be on Brock Lesnar type of deal working four or five pay-per-view a years a few Monday night raw's. But they're literally running Roman reigns into the ground. He must be getting major Jack to put up with that.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
I long for the days of Gordon Solie, Hacksaw Reynolds, Iranian Shiek, Kevin Sullivan, Nature Boy Ric Flair and of course Dusty Rhodes...... From the Eddie Graham sports arena in Orlando

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I long for the days of Gordon Solie, Hacksaw Reynolds, Iranian Shiek, Kevin Sullivan, Nature Boy Ric Flair and of course Dusty Rhodes...... From the Eddie Graham sports arena in Orlando
Remember those big ass draft beers they sold there during the shows? They were like 32oz for .50. Of course I wasn't supposed to be drinking them when I was in the 9th grade. I still remember a guy standing close to me throwing his at Dick Murdock and him returning a mouthful of spit right in the guys face....good times.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Used to love watching wrestling with my great uncle. It was a favorite past time. MMA has taken a significant part of that viewership though.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I haven't watched wrestling in 15+ years. In the late 90's I used to watch it religiously. It was hilarious w/ The Rock, Stone Cold, Chris Jerico, Val Venus, HHH, etc.

Does anyone remember when The Rock first came on the scene and he wasn't yet a big star, he used to carry around a pager? There was a skit where Stone Cold told him "when you see 316 on that pager you know Stone Cold's about to whip your ass!" Well, that skit almost cost me my job back in May of 2000!

As a kid - in the 70's/early 80's, I watch Florida Championship Wrestling every Saturday morning! It was hilarious.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I haven't watched wrestling in 15+ years. In the late 90's I used to watch it religiously. It was hilarious w/ The Rock, Stone Cold, Chris Jerico, Val Venus, HHH, etc.

Does anyone remember when The Rock first came on the scene and he wasn't yet a big star, he used to carry around a pager? There was a skit where Stone Cold told him "when you see 316 on that pager you know Stone Cold's about to whip your ass!" Well, that skit almost cost me my job back in May of 2000!

As a kid - in the 70's/early 80's, I watch Florida Championship Wrestling every Saturday morning! It was hilarious.
Same timeframes for both and both were the best. The late 90's and very early 2000's Monday Night Raw was my replacement for MNF as I was losing interest and the freakin entertainment value was second to none. Generation X and The Nation skits were hilarious and pushed the edge of censorship bigtime....

Championship Wrestling from Florida with Gordon Solie was the bomb and even though as a kid you knew it was fake as hell some of the characters were pretty scary like Kevin Sullivan, Purple Haze Maniac Marc Lewin and Abdullah the Butcher.....

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

Same with me BMF. Good times. :lol:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Well Dusty’s kids just had an all time great match against one another only a month ago in a new company the younger kid help make

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
No legit competition leads to stale product.

Nothing beats the NWA during the 1980's, especially CWF.
NWA is still around. Owned by Billy Corban from smashing pumpkins now :lol:

Got the old school belt and a traveling champion nowadays. Dusty’s kid Cody was NWA champion a few months back for a short while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.