Charlie Strong to Miami

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
I’m not going to bother posting the tweet because it happened yesterday so no longer breaking news. Surprised there’s not already a thread. I’ll just say….

Well that kinda sucks!

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
That's a solid move I didn't forsee coming by crystal balls.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ten years ago I’d have been pissed. As it is, I don’t like it but am not going to lose sleep over it. Still like Charlie though, and will hate seeing him in cane colors. Oh well.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Will Charlie exhibit his old excellence or more recent medocrity.? I only approved of Charlie when he was a successful Gator.
I hope Miami has a terrible defense ...and loses lots of games.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Considering Charlie has been fired over and over again for gross incompetency over the last ten years, I'm not sure how this is bad news.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mike Peterson approves this hire. I approve Mike Peterson’s approve.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Considering Charlie has been fired over and over again for gross incompetency over the last ten years, I'm not sure how this is bad news.

You know the drill. The 99% of UF fans think that anyone who has wiped their azz at UF is amazing at coaching, that is until they are not. Charlie was a terrible HC when not given superior talent against lesser teams, while at UL. At that time UL was a great destination for very good malcontent players as transfers and Charlie was great to use that as his advantage. At UT he sucked at USF he sucked. At times he sucked at UF as a DC as he was slow to make adjustments. Perhaps he will make a good position coach at scrotUM but on the measuring scale, this does not register.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
His recruiting in South Florida worries me more than his coaching.
I trust Coach Napier got a good one.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Former UF coach Charlie Strong being hired as an assistant at UM will end up being about as impactful AS.....

:scratchchin:

when former UM coach Randy Shannon was hired as an assistant at UF. In other words, net zero.

the-simpsons-boom-roasted.gif

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I dont worry about Charlie changing the world down there. I just happen to like him and hate to see him in those ugly ass colors. Fck that sorry ass place.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I like Charlie and wish him the best. As of late he's not been such a great coach. Not worried about him at scUM at all. But in the end, he's on the other team now. Sorry Charlie but FK scUM.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I loved him when he was at UF. He was a rising star. That star has long since faded.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t disagree. But no dental or vision? If what I’m hearing is true, that’s a slap in the face.
He’s always had pretty good teeth from what I could tell. They were always so white and bright.

Can’t speak to the eyesight.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Charlie couldn't even cheat and win at USF. Charlie the Tuna has more credibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator