Charting Pass Plays vs Utah

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Could we get a compare and contrast of your valiant effor vs on3 and gnfp?
I'm presuming this is facetious and sarcastic, but the primary difference is On3 has no analysis, just a compilation video.
The GNFP rooster, who I have not yet watched, but I did hear part of their podcast this a.m., which sounded consistent with the video regarding need for a new OC. But, he uses select plays and gives some specific play breakdowns, which I made no attempt to do. I did not chart formations that GNFP apparently is discussing, but regardless of 1 or 2 TE, I'd say we were in a bunch set 40-50% of the time.

I was curious about and put numbers behind what many, including GNFP, are seeing regarding passing concepts and Mertz's completion percentage versus why he was so poorly rated by QBR metrics and Read and Reaction. He had 30 throws 4 yards or less (18 at or behind the line of scrimmage).

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Have to win 2 of 3.
How GIF

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So..... you're saying our pass game sucks?

Breaking News!!!!

Last edited:

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
So..... your saying our pass game sucks?

Breaking News!!!!

I thought it was interesting, especially since a former QB has apparently gone off about the completion percentage, yards, and 30+ completions has only ever been done by Tebow, Trask and Grossman. Clearly we will have a HeisMertz finalist.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I thought it was interesting, especially since a former QB has apparently gone off about the completion percentage, yards, and 30+ completions has only ever been done by Tebow, Trask and Grossman. Clearly we will have a HeisMertz finalist.
Yes Truth, the HeisMertz is still very much alive. All he needs to do is run the table, starting with UT a week from Saturday.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
So now you’re saying this is like the 2008 team?
No, but there have been many Gator teams who looked horrible on the road early in the season and progressed from it. Rutgers. Miss. St. Ut. Syracuse.

My concern is that after the collapse for the last few games in 2022, they showed the same sort of confusion that causes idiotic mistakes and stymies aggressive play.

But this is not that team. Just one carryover starter on defense. Few carryovers on offense. So make progress. Be prepared so that you play full speed without thinking about it, because that half second of thought will kill you. Even against a cupcake.

I don’t think we can gain any confidence vs. McNeese St. But we might lose some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.