Chauncey Gardner-Johnson has turned into a beast

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I wasn't too high on Chauncey last season, but he looks like a different animal this year. Wow, has he been all over the field and may be the best tackler we have. There were several plays where I thought he had no chance at the making the tackle and he shocked me. He's become a tremendous leader out there.

Discuss.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
To me, It’s the better coaching. I always hear the cliche, “it’s not the Xs and Os it’s the Jimmys and Joes,” but there is something to coaching ‘em up and schemes.

Franks’ improvement is a perfect example.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Operative word from the OP -- leader. We had none heading into the season. Suddenly we've got several.

You wonder which comes first, the wins or the leaders? I think it's a little of both.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
His leadership development has been the most impressive thing about him this year for me. He owns that defense and the results have been awesome.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To me, It’s the better coaching. I always hear the cliche, “it’s not the Xs and Os it’s the Jimmys and Joes,” but there is something to coaching ‘em up and schemes.

Franks’ improvement is a perfect example.
Agreed. I always saw lots of potential and talent. Never understood the personal disdain that was pointed to him occasionally.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Likes to talk, but so far been walking the walk, too. I'm good with it.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Operative word from the OP -- leader. We had none heading into the season. Suddenly we've got several.

You wonder which comes first, the wins or the leaders? I think it's a little of both.

I think the fact that we finally have a COACH who is a leader, is creating leaders on the field. Seeing these players buy in is only going to compound the creation and growth of new leaders within this program. it is SOOO nice to finally see this dynamic in Gainesville again.

I don't know how far Mullen can ultimately take us, but I do know for a fact that we finally have a damn good football program again, and that makes me excited for what's to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator