Recruiting Chauncey Gardner re-commits

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n192293 said:
Now EG Green runs the show. :angry:

He would've been a 4th string on a Spurrier offense.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Coach Mac is going to have to wash some of the Chump stink before any decent receiver commits. That has to be done on the field. Once he does though, I think he'll get a huge class because of the chance of early playing time.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I don't know for sure but my take is that Mac is a pretty decent salesman. He has to be to salvage this past years class the way he did. That goes a long way in getting kids to look our way. If he shows average to decent results this year we will catch up pretty quickly IMO. I'll bet FSU fans felt the way we do now in 2007-2010, like they would never catch up to us. One big advantage we do have is a wide open depth chart on offense so when Mac puts something that actually TRIES to score points on the field more quality kids will take notice. The other major obstacle is to have some of our guys show any improvement because in the last 5 years not one player outside of Robinson has gotten any better in their time here.
BTW, we will never get the borderline academic recruits....we never have and kids know grades actually mean something at UF.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n192202 said:
Would love to reel in Shavar Manuel and Nick Bosa on defense.

This class is loaded with WR talent in Florida. Time to make a statement.
Bosa will be all Posu like his older brother unfortunately

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n192326 said:
BTW, we will never get the borderline academic recruits....we never have and kids know they actually mean something at UF.

This is a concern every recruiting cycle for us because of our higher standards. Doesn't matter how much of a stud on the field the kid is, if he has been faking it in the class room and the grades aren't there, they go elsewhere. Seems like we lose at least one per cycle like that.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
CaribGator;n192329 said:
Seems like we lose at least one per cycle like that
Way too conservative an estimate Carib. When you consider the public education system in the state of Florida it a wonder we get as many from this state that we do....To anyone on here who is a teacher or administrator at a public school please don't take offense to this as it has been going on since the late 60's and 70's. There is a few reasons my son will never go to public schools, academics is the biggest...

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n192340 said:
Way too conservative an estimate Carib. When you consider the public education system in the state of Florida it a wonder we get as many from this state that we do....To anyone on here who is a teacher or administrator at a public school please don't take offense to this as it has been going on since the late 60's and 70's. There is a few reasons my son will never go to public schools, academics is the biggest...
Been teaching in local pub schools the last four decades. My daughter went to three of them and was a National Merit Scholar and now law school grad from William & Mary. They are not as bad as you think or have heard. Sounds like you judge them on athletes that for many do little in HS beyond be stars in FB and BB.
Many of her classmates did similar.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
stephenPE;n192350 said:
Sounds like you judge them on athletes that for many do little in HS beyond be stars in FB and BB.
Well that and I happen to be a product of them also :lol:, I have heard that some are better than others....What bothers me is that kids from failing schools get vouchers to go to the private school my son attends which I have to pay for :headscratch:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
images

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who let Coach out of the Pol Forum?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Law98gator;n192377 said:
Who let Coach out of the Pol Forum?
He started that nonsense and I can see your fear as I have forgotten more about orange and blue exploits than most here know.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n192247 said:
His mom must have been a HUGE Peter Sellers fan..........Chauncy Gardner? Amazing........If you have never seen the movie it is funny as anything ever done by SNL[/QUOTE]

Love Being There! Chance the gardner!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]n192415[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• conv_2673.jpg
    conv_2673.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 35

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n192409 said:
He started that nonsense and I can see your fear as I have forgotten more about orange and blue exploits than most here know.
I know. You've forgotten most everything. Probably your address.

I'm starting to forget a lot, too.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hope the Gators can start landing some of these big name recruits.

Dec 10, 2014
stephenPE;n192350 said:
Been teaching in local pub schools the last four decades. My daughter went to three of them and was a National Merit Scholar and now law school grad from William & Mary. They are not as bad as you think or have heard. Sounds like you judge them on athletes that for many do little in HS beyond be stars in FB and BB.
Many of her classmates did similar.

This. Public schools are as effective as the kids they have. There is nothing wrong with public schools in this country. What is wrong is a growing number of single-parent houses with a "point the finger" mentality.

But back to the thread at hand. In all seriousness (Again), recruiting has not been our problem. I keep seeing these threads about our recruiting woes and our inability to land marquee players. I see it in the "we need IPF" threads, etc. It's just simply not true that we haven't been able to land talent.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Keep it on topic. Or I will delete posts that are not on topic.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Most of them run off topic but I guess some things are too off topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator