Chauncey Gardner - we didn't want him anyway

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If he is truly solid, it isn't a bad idea to send him on an official. Everyone has a limited number of OVs, so its burning one of Ugly's OVs.

Depending on who he OVs with, he can also use that time to befriend and get in the other kids ear.

Bowden used to do this with us, have the kids secretly commit then takes OVs or even have the other schools hold spots for the kid. Only time will tell how solid Chauncey Billups Gardner is.

Either way, I'm not losing sleep over DBs. I will be more than happy if we went back to signing large classes of receivers and moving the ones who can't catch or run routes to Db.

That's all a Db is anyway, a receiver that can't catch. That's right Muststink, I said it.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It is a long time until signing day folks... if you are getting upset about some visits now you are going to drive yourself crazy. A lot is going to change once the team actually takes the field and recruits see what things look like with the new staff (good or bad)

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n244327 said:
That's all a Db is anyway, a receiver that can't catch. That's right Muststink, I said it.

:burn:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorTAG;n244295 said:
Ohio St. ain't within the region. He's visiting FSU, UGA, Auburn and OSU. He didn't put Miami, GT, USF or Clemson on that list which would make it a regional consideration. He's going to our 4 most hated rivals. He's a 4 star recruit. Should have known the kid wouldn't stick. Maybe we can get him back if he drops to a 3 star.

So we're comparing a kid looking at the current national champion, 2013's national champion, the runner up in 2013, and a team with a pretty solid resume for putting players in the NFL, to GT, Clemson and USF?

These are programs that are all relevant and have something to offer. They're going to get looks. Debose took visits to Lsu, fsu, uga, miami and USC during his recruitment, and he was thought to be a Gator lock nearly the whole time. What do all those schools have in common? Location, tradition of being decent, and/or national relevance at the time.

You should also read the "Getting to Know _____" segment on the incoming class. Several were down to us and fsu, or us and uga. It's always been that way.

Ftr, I'm not predicting Gardner to stick as I have no idea. And I'd prefer these kids not continue taking visits(btw, the new 2017 OL commit is planning to as well). I'm just saying that his choices shouldn't be seen as anything other than a kid taking visits. I think ATX puts it pretty well in his post.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
th

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
MJMGator;n244308 said:
Hate em all you want, but that doesn't make them a rival. We've played them exactly twice and won both times.
I didn't say they were rivals. I said they were hated teams. You interjected rivals into the conversation.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
soflagator;n244380 said:
So we're comparing a kid looking at the current national champion, 2013's national champion, the runner up in 2013, and a team with a pretty solid resume for putting players in the NFL, to GT, Clemson and USF?

These are programs that are all relevant and have something to offer. They're going to get looks. Debose took visits to Lsu, fsu, uga, miami and USC during his recruitment, and he was thought to be a Gator lock nearly the whole time. What do all those schools have in common? Location, tradition of being decent, and/or national relevance at the time.

You should also read the "Getting to Know _____" segment on the incoming class. Several were down to us and fsu, or us and uga. It's always been that way.

Ftr, I'm not predicting Gardner to stick as I have no idea. And I'd prefer these kids not continue taking visits(btw, the new 2017 OL commit is planning to as well). I'm just saying that his choices shouldn't be seen as anything other than a kid taking visits. I think ATX puts it pretty well in his post.
I wasn't comparing USF, Miami or Clemson to those schools. Only pointing out that his list wasn't regional as you said.

And ftr, I'm with Law on this Chauncy Billups whatever. I would rather out score other teams than win the TOP.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorTAG;n244443 said:
I wasn't comparing USF, Miami or Clemson to those schools. Only pointing out that his list wasn't regional as you said.

And ftr, I'm with Law on this Chauncy Billups whatever. I would rather out score other teams than win the TOP.

Outside of OhSt, they are all regional rivals with whom we battle for recruits every year. And the 4th team is the defending national champion, which is going to automatically garner interest. My point is that he's not seeking out our most hated rivals(and again OhSt isn't anyway). He's looking at teams that he logically should.

And with all due respect, I'll repeat what I've stated numerous times on here. Without making this personal or naming names, there were people here who continued with the "what harm is there in giving WM one more year?" at the close of 2013. Well, now we're seeing exactly what some of us were trying/hoping to avoid. We've taken a severe hit, and some of you were on board with that risk. And now, some of the same ones are complaining and dancing near full blown panic mode, even taking subtle shots at the current staff for their lack of perceived traction on the recruiting trail. It's pretty ridiculous.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n244327 said:
If he is truly solid, it isn't a bad idea to send him on an official. Everyone has a limited number of OVs, so its burning one of Ugly's OVs.

Depending on who he OVs with, he can also use that time to befriend and get in the other kids ear.

Bowden used to do this with us, have the kids secretly commit then takes OVs or even have the other schools hold spots for the kid. Only time will tell how solid Chauncey Billups Gardner is.

Either way, I'm not losing sleep over DBs. I will be more than happy if we went back to signing large classes of receivers and moving the ones who can't catch or run routes to Db.

Ox was all wrong about you. You may be on to something.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
soflagator;n244449 said:
Without making this personal or naming names, there were people here who continued with the "what harm is there in giving WM one more year?" at the close of 2013
:whistle:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n244441 said:
I didn't say they were rivals. I said they were hated teams. You interjected rivals into the conversation.

Yes you did..then you tried to explain why they're rivals...but now you never said it? :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n244475 said:
Yes you did..then you tried to explain why they're rivals...but now you never said it? :lol:
:owned:

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Tag probably assumes that we all hate Urban Meyer and therefore Ohio State is a rival. I don't hate either of them but they are not a rival in my view. ScUM of the north fsu? Different story. I just can't digest why anyone would ever want to go to that....I don't even have words for how disgusting that place is.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
MJMGator;n244475 said:
Sorry, Sofla originally interjected the word rivals and I was responding to him.
GatorTAG;n244295 said:
Originally posted by soflagator View Post

Or programs that are located within the region that also have potential positives to offer. As much as we'd love these kids to either take no visits, or visit non-threats across the country, it's just not realistic. Battling the noles and other SEC rivals is just part of the deal. Don't get me wrong, I shake my head at the whole "committed" definition these days. But outside of a few exceptions, they pretty much all do it.

This is my original quote on page 1 that has you guys so worked up.

GatorTAG;n244242 said:
He's hitting every school on Florida's most hated list.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It is hard for me to blame him. If I were a big time recruit, UF would be my number 1 choice. Still, I'd make other visits just to have fun.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n244551 said:
It is hard for me to blame him. If I were a big time recruit, UF would be my number 1 choice. Still, I'd make other visits just to have fun.

Exactly! How often do these kids get to travel for free and be treated like rock stars?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n244449 said:
And with all due respect, I'll repeat what I've stated numerous times on here. Without making this personal or naming names, there were people here who continued with the "what harm is there in giving WM one more year?" at the close of 2013. Well, now we're seeing exactly what some of us were trying/hoping to avoid. We've taken a severe hit, and some of you were on board with that risk. And now, some of the same ones are complaining and dancing near full blown panic mode, even taking subtle shots at the current staff for their lack of perceived traction on the recruiting trail. It's pretty ridiculous.

:exactly:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n244551 said:

No doubt. Plus outta state, rival strange. Uh huh..

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In recruiting season, they are rivals.... like Clempson. They eat our lunch often enough to be irritating. They aren't even near true rivals status of course.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This kid has gators shaved into his head right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.