Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I would have assumed that UF officials had something very concrete in hand before allowing the orchestrated twitter emojis from players. That wouldn't seem to be the kind of thing you would put in motion without a serious agreement, something more than just "we're hopeful that Chip will sign the contract we had talked about".

Or they were advised we're on hold 24 hours, don't say a thing. But if you must, here's what you can say.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I would have assumed that UF officials had something very concrete in hand before allowing the orchestrated twitter emojis from players. That wouldn't seem to be the kind of thing you would put in motion without a serious agreement, something more than just "we're hopeful that Chip will sign the contract we had talked about".

I would think a done deal would result in something besides a "hmmm" emoji.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
I would have assumed that UF officials had something very concrete in hand before allowing the orchestrated twitter emojis from players. That wouldn't seem to be the kind of thing you would put in motion without a serious agreement, something more than just "we're hopeful that Chip will sign the contract we had talked about".[/QU
Good point. Now, if we don't sign him, how will the players view it?

Jaguar45

Nov 16, 2017
I stepped away for a few hours to try and show my wife I’m a respectable husband... I come back to chaos and excitement and joy then misery. I was all on board the Chip Kelly train, but the **** he just pulled tonight... **** that guy. First off... It’s UCLA... They’re completely second tier to UF. And you don’t entertain the UF officials coming to your place fully knowing you intend to blow them off!

He’s totally leveraging UF, using UF for his personal gain and that’s a pretty douche move and only Bc he dooped UF pretty bad. We need a guy who’s ALL in. That **** has pissed me off, and honestly, I’m good without him now Bc of it. Stricklin did what he needed to do, it’s the other party that’s to blame.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Remember when we could all agree we sucked and didn't have to depend on a Twitter source to confirm it?

Fun times.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
step one: open bottle of woodford reserve
step two: pour
step three: sweet slumber until noonish tomorrow

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There's already a few. I think anyway you slice this bid, we're moving outside our normal comfort level. You might even say we're selling our soul to a degree.
Yeah, a little bit. Desperate times call for desperate measures. And there's no other way to say it but UF, through years of mismanagement and downright buffoonery, has become embarrassingly desperate. If this deal falls through we will be the laughing stock of college football.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It all boils down do you want to compete with the big boys and go up against NFL caliber defenses. Or take the easy road and have one or two hard games a year and get blown out when you face a real team. If he wants to go back to the NFL, showing them that his offense can go toe to toe
with SEC defenses would raise alot of eyebrows.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, a little bit. Desperate times call for desperate measures. And there's no other way to say it but UF, through years of mismanagement and downright buffoonery, has become embarrassingly desperate. If this deal falls through we will be the laughing stock of college football.

We'll be laughed at, but that's not saying much in this day and age. Everyone loves the other guy's misery, esp when it's your rivals reveling in it.

Kelly's an elephant and we all know what happens when you go elephant hunting. We have no worse than a 50/50 if rumors are accurate and Frost's still at play. I'm not ready to jump off a ledge just yet.

But I am frustrated. Never seen anything quite like it.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Logic says the guy who's dad is on the search committee spilled the beans before he should have, then they had to blast a bunch of rumors saying it wasn't done. This can be seen by a bunch of people with ****ting sources saying they confirmed that it wasn' done like Andreu and Dooley

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Andrew Hall @DudeYouCrazy says it's a done deal.

Bruin Report is going with the 247 story that UCLA got in the mix at the last minute and there's no deal just yet.

Insane.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
We've had an ex-Dawg and a guy that loves peanut butter and corn as our past two coaches. I want the next guy to be 100% all Gator and not just a lover of waffles.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I would think a done deal would result in something besides a "hmmm" emoji.

Actually I think it would more likely support the John Ivory theory....that UF wants to manage the announcement on their own terms. The players emojis were intended to be a big tease but the actual unveiling was to be done by the higher-ups at the appointed time. If Kelly is the hire then the announcement should be done with pomp and ceremony, not leaking out over several hours from the Twitter accounts of Gator players.

I just don't think they would have told the players to put out the "h-mmm" emojis without being absolutely sure that there was good news to follow.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Again, a reminder, Urban listened to ND after Fooley very publicly flew out there and left empty-handed.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
At this point the UAA should just put us out if our misery. The last 7 years are bad enough without them botching this and us ending up with a 3rd tier coach.

If it’s done then just announce it. We’ve done our suffering long enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.