Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFGatorD

Nov 20, 2017
I’ve been lurking this chat for the past several days. I used to be part of the old Gville Sun board and see a lot of familiar names...Ox, Slevin, etc and thought I would join back in.

Here’s my take:
I think it will most likely be Chip. Idt President ****s would make that trip just to pitch. He was probably there to answer questions about the contract. Second, so many leaks coming from people close to the search saying a contract was signed and then the players did that unified tweet. And just maybe they flew in and out of Ocala to distract Chip arriving in Gainesville? It seems weird to me that they used that airport. I’ll be watching for the Monday presser as well with fingers crossed.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
The Cessna that they flew up on only holds six. Six were on that plane. There was never any intention of Kelly returning with them on the plane. It doesn’t mean anything other than that, but the fact is that he couldn’t have came back.
Some of those Foley left overs should have sat in the isle

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
I’ve been lurking this chat for the past several days. I used to be part of the old Gville Sun board and see a lot of familiar names...Ox, Slevin, etc and thought I would join back in.

Here’s my take:
I think it will most likely be Chip. Idt President ****s would make that trip just to pitch. He was probably there to answer questions about the contract. Second, so many leaks coming from people close to the search saying a contract was signed and then the players did that unified tweet. And just maybe they flew in and out of Ocala to distract Chip arriving in Gainesville? It seems weird to me that they used that airport. I’ll be watching for the Monday presser as well with fingers crossed.
The president would absolutely fly out there to make a pitch. The deal isn’t done and the contract hasn’t been signed. Those are facts.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
No it's probably more like Stricklin knows those idiots will run with exactly what he tells them instead of actually doing any work through sources

What "sources"??? Anybody who was on that plane who is a source other than say the AD or president should be fired for cause. There are no reliable sources, none!!!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Cessna that they flew up on only holds six. Six were on that plane. There was never any intention of Kelly returning with them on the plane. It doesn’t mean anything other than that, but the fact is that he couldn’t have came back.

So are we to the point we'll wild-fire gossip when Air Force One lands and just sits there, no Kelly coming out?

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
If Chip chooses UCLA, Frost moves up to #1.

Where do we go from there?

IMO its safe to say that if this falls through with Chip and we don't get Frost then this search has been a disaster. Im not saying I think that happens, because I'm a VIP member on another site and the reporter seems to think the contract was signed last night.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And just maybe they flew in and out of Ocala to distract Chip arriving in Gainesville? It seems weird to me that they used that airport. I’ll be watching for the Monday presser as well with fingers crossed.

That’s interesting and I never thought about it. Why would they fly into Ocala?

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Thanks for that additional information, I did not notice. It seems like a plane that I would not fly for that purpose, but perhaps they are thrifty.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The booster plane and the Ocala airport amounted to an attempt to keep the trip secret. It obviously didn't work.

We're reading too much into the peripherals. Comes down to money and fit. Period.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Even if we miss on Kelly and he goes to UCLA that means UT isn't getting him. That is all I have heard about up here. Oh, and the fact that Gruden is coming.:bwahaha:

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
IMO its safe to say that if this falls through with Chip and we don't get Frost then this search has been a disaster. Im not saying I think that happens, because I'm a VIP member on another site and the reporter seems to think the contract was signed last night.

I 'think" that he knows nothing but wants to make money with rumors, like you paying for VIP membership.

For me the internet must be free, no paying for anything.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
IMO its safe to say that if this falls through with Chip and we don't get Frost then this search has been a disaster. Im not saying I think that happens, because I'm a VIP member on another site and the reporter seems to think the contract was signed last night.[/QI

I sure hope so because I'm sick of the roller coaster ride... Nothing left Just Dry Heaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator