Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Swonkey's gone full pumper on us. I'm suffering whiplash.
I think that after this hire we should have a permanent sticky listing every member's position, for or against the hire. Then, as positions change, posters should be required to formally change their listing.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I’ve been reading a lot about UCLA in they simply do not have the money to compete with us when it comes to football

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve been reading a lot about UCLA in they simply do not have the money to compete with us when it comes to football

Their revenue's significantly below ours.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I felt the same way. Maybe his ole Buddies called and asked for a little help.

Nah, never met him. He came after my time. Can't even get the guy to answer an email.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Swonkey's gone full pumper on us. I'm suffering whiplash.
Im always pumper w the new coach. Even when it takes me days to try to deal w "we hired a dwag" or whatever.

I admit that I never really got there w Zook. Probably couldnt with Mullens either.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im always pumper w the new coach. Even when it takes me days to try to deal w "we hired a dwag" or whatever.

I admit that I never really gotntuere w Zook. Probably couldnt with Mullens either.

Dude, you're either under the influence or your phone voice recognition is toast. That's a hilarious post.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not only is their revenue below - CA income Tax is 10.3% for high earners

Again, it's about tangibles and intangibles. Some of the people here are so influenced by their O&B glasses that they refuse to acknowledge it. I hope we get the guy, but I'm not counting chickens after yesterday.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm not sure why exactly, but this search and the hysteria involved, has created an odd rift between some of us. I get that this deal is likely not done, and possibly won't be at all. But I'm not sure why anyone's optimism or excitement is being bashed here. Comparing the situation to the vols and Gruden? Really? There's literally nothing but speculation there. If nothing else, returning empty handed or not, the fact that we flew to NH yesterday validates that we're in serious discussions with Kelly. That's nothing like the tenn/JG situation, and it's ridiculous to imply that it is. Same with the "watching planes, how embarrassing" talk. I love the fact that we have fans passionate enough to go out of there way to look for clues. We're supposedly a passionate fan base that cares deeply about the football program. With modern day technology, that's par for the course.

Again, not sure why some are taking certain indications that we may be getting Kelly so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.