Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If this deal is not signed then I would go all out on Frost starting tomorrow. That is unless he has given the notion that he is not interested.
Same agent, Dunn. No way to know when Dunn flies to meet someone who he is there to talk about.

I will tell you this, if the deal went south after having an agreement in principle, after flying the president and senior staff up there, returning with a signature, then him rescinding before which ever other boards at UF had to approve (it is at least two), then we are going to be very, very hesitant to deal w Dunn again.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
They lost because a guys knee stayed off the ground by an inch and then ran another 50 yards, followed by a FG at the buzzer.
True, but Auburn had some lucky bounces / kicks to get there. Bama wouldve destroyed Oregon.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
If this deal is not signed then I would go all out on Frost starting tomorrow. That is unless he has given the notion that he is not interested.
They could contact Frost’s agent and I’m sure they already have. But can’t talk to him for another 11-12 days.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017

I wouldn't be disappointed if we got Frost, he is actually my top choice. The problem is, the bench is pretty shallow after Frost. If Stricklin can't land Kelly or Frost, we need to find a new AD.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Same agent, Dunn. No way to know when Dunn flies to meet someone who he is there to talk about.

Kelly and Frost are represented by the same agency, owned by Dunn, but isn't Frost represented by Trace Armstrong who lives in Gainesville?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont believe so, but it matters not. We will be hesitant to deal with Dunn's agency.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Nike did not win him any Nattys. So what makes him think having someone else pay for new uniforms and helmets and ps4 is going to help at UCLA.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
And we are not a destination we are The Destination! Alabama is lucky we hired Urban when we did cause Nick Saban would have come to Florida if we needed a coach before Alabama!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And we are not a destination we are The Destination! Alabama is lucky we hired Urban when we did cause Nick Saban would have come to Florida if we needed a coach before Alabama!
Uhhhh no. Fooley bought cheap. We are very lucky ND was the only other major who were also cheapazzes.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I wouldn't be disappointed if we got Frost, he is actually my top choice. The problem is, the bench is pretty shallow after Frost. If Stricklin can't land Kelly or Frost, we need to find a new AD.

Sure you fire the CEO of your company because he can't convince one or two individuals to come work for you.

Totally over the line, there is much more to being an AD than hiring a football coach, much more!!!

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Once again I greatly disagree we are not "The Destination" if we were they would be lining up to get the HBC job, they are not. We are one of many decent jobs open, and even more filled by some of those we might want to coach our team. Same with assistants.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
In 2007 Urban Meyer was making 3.25 million. Nick Saban came in at 4 for Alabama. The only reason they were paid this high was they both had a National championship in the SEC. Don't think for one second Florida could not compete if it wanted to hire someone. My point is we can match anything a university or someone brings to the table.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Once again I greatly disagree we are not "The Destination" if we were they would be lining up to get the HBC job, they are not. We are one of many decent jobs open, and even more filled by some of those we might want to coach our team. Same with assistants.

Old Chinese proverb says 50 pounds of gold that has had dog **** cover it up completely. Is still 50 pounds of gold when rinsed off with a hose.

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
Old Chinese proverb says 50 pounds of gold that has had dog **** cover it up completely. Is still 50 pounds of gold when rinsed off with a hose.
Only problem is that Chump and Mac have left us with so much crusted **** that the next coach is going to have to do a little more than rinse. He's going to have to break out the power washer and tooth brush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator