Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You're confusing me. The facilities are on Foley's dime.
Right. And the rest of the Athletic Department. All of Foley's folks are still there. They all need to be flushed. (Regardless of whether or not this contract included an "out clause" or whatever.)

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Right. And the rest of the Athletic Department. All of Foley's folks are still there. They all need to be flushed. (Regardless of whether or not this contract included an "out clause" or whatever.)

Okay, buddy, I get it. You're frustrated. Me, too. I think we all need a group hug.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, buddy, I get it. You're frustrated. Me, too. I think we all need a group hug.
No, man. That has always been my position. Check the archives if you wish.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you don't think UCF can and would pay SF $5-6M a year to stay, you are fooling yourself. UCF's attendance is 64,000+ students and each one pays a "fee" each semester that goes toward athletic programs, facilities, and coaches. The AD @ UCF was formally the AD of DUKE University and he knows how to grow and manage a D1 program.
you realize that Frost himself is having to chip back into the fund to keep the assistants decently paid right?

UCF does have a total student attendance somewhere in the ballpark of what you stated, however there is a fair number of them that never step foot onto that main campus in east Orlando. UCF is not just a football school, and the "fee" you speak of likely goes to loads of other sports of which they are pretty good at.

As long as UCF stays in the AAC, no, they don't have the ability to jump his pay to 5-6 million a year....if they could spend that kind of money, they would have done it already

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don't know if you watched the whole thing live but he didn't look anything like a guy who just got left at the alter. More like the cat that ate the canary.

Yeah, that occurred to me as well. All the accounts were that the talks went really well. Add to that the possibility that we created an out in the contract. I'm not sure our people know how to read Kelly. He's a strange cat.

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
@Law ---> Maybe you can chime in here with your legal expertise. Am I to understand that when Chip signed the contract last Sunday he used the rare, but crafty legal maneuver of having his fingers crossed behind his back?

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I hope like hell that Kelly makes it to UF, because I think he is a great coach, who can win championships here. But, if he chooses UCLA, he is a pu$$y. Period.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
you realize that Frost himself is having to chip back into the fund to keep the assistants decently paid right?

UCF does have a total student attendance somewhere in the ballpark of what you stated, however there is a fair number of them that never step foot onto that main campus in east Orlando. UCF is not just a football school, and the "fee" you speak of likely goes to loads of other sports of which they are pretty good at.

As long as UCF stays in the AAC, no, they don't have the ability to jump his pay to 5-6 million a year....if they could spend that kind of money, they would have done it already

Do not sell UCF short. Building some meaningful alums. The aerospace industry is loaded with them and a TON of wealthy kids are going, have been for a while, because UF wanted elite out of state and foreign kids for the higher tuition. Our academic recruiting has been counter to building a sports oriented community at UF the last ten years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Stricklin is the AD. Feel free to clarify if you feel he needs to be fired.
OK, man. The Athletic Department needed to be swept clean when Fooley was fired. Thought it was pretty clear from the context.

Jaguar45

Nov 16, 2017
So is there a no crap decision date set? Or is it still the vague “next couple of days” timeline?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
OK, man. The Athletic Department needed to be swept clean when Fooley was fired. Thought it was pretty clear from the context.

So Mike Hill and Lynda Tealer f*cked this up but Stricklin didn't. Okay.

You either believe Stricklin is autonomous or you don't. Stop dancing around the question.

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
So Mike Hill and Lynda Tealer f*cked this up but Stricklin didn't. Okay.

You either believe Stricklin is autonomous or you don't. Stop dancing around the question.
Hey '78, get back on this side of the pitch fork!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator