Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
I thought we are talking about Fooley.

OK back to Stricklin, if he loaded up the jet, took the Prez and the harem, including the contracting AAD, without an agreement, he is a major fvkk up and is totally over his head. You don't even LEAVE until you have it in hand.

Agree, but only if they didn't all dance and lip sync "I'm on a boat!" but mouth change "boat" to "jet" every verse. If that were the case, then props....

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I don’t read that as “turning” on him. I think it illustrates that his secretive nature means that a lot of “sources” are speculating. It’s funny that he’s this notoriously secret guy and suddenly dozens of people have supposedly meaning things on his side.

This is a great observation. Anyone in the "Kelly Camp" That is giving information out like crack in Baltimore will probably not be the in camp for very long.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Local media already turned against Chip?

@GrahamHall_: Of the countless things I've read about Chip Kelly over the past 2 weeks, this passage from the Washington Post continues to re-enter my mind more than any other personal anecdote about him. #Gators

If he won’t eat his spinach he’s got to go.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Kelly didn't want to fornicate, tying him down to the bed wasn't going to make a difference. I don't know what happened, but if an out was perceived as the only way in, maybe it was.
Look, you know I'm not invested in Kelly. (Or any spread option guy. You know I hate sideways offenses.) I'm not talking about kidnapping him and bringing him back.

I'm talking about making us look like Vole-like buffoons hopping on your jet with entourage and striking out. You don't even leave until you have the deal done.

Too big of a job for this guy it appears. We should have known better hiring a guy from Cowbell with 2 years experience who has never even made a HBC hire. Foolish stuff all the way around. Seems like nice enough guy, but that doesn't get the job done.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Finally heard something for the first time since Saturday. Here's the long and short of it:

50/50 at this point, and we'll know one way or the other on Sunday.

While is info isn't new, it does confirm some things.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Agree, but only if they didn't all dance and lip sync "I'm on a boat!" but mouth change "boat" to "jet" every verse. If that were the case, then props....
I don't remember Maxx being all roggish but I literally don't understand half his posts.

Crunchtime

Sep 18, 2014
you realize that Frost himself is having to chip back into the fund to keep the assistants decently paid right?

UCF does have a total student attendance somewhere in the ballpark of what you stated, however there is a fair number of them that never step foot onto that main campus in east Orlando. UCF is not just a football school, and the "fee" you speak of likely goes to loads of other sports of which they are pretty good at.

As long as UCF stays in the AAC, no, they don't have the ability to jump his pay to 5-6 million a year....if they could spend that kind of money, they would have done it already
My son goes there and I am very familiar with the dynamic of the school being a "commuter" school BUT I absolutely find it ignorant to classify the school in derogatory term as other's have. This same school went to a New Years Day bowl a few years back and beat a Baylor team that was pretty good when they where still allowing their players to assault women and give a whole new meaning to "two a days". This school has trajectory that lends itself to being very valuable to a conference who would like to get a foothold in the hottest recruiting bed in the country. I am a very proud UF alum (Class of 1990) with a daughter the goes to UF but if athletic departments were stocks, I would place a BUY on UCF and a HOLD/SELL on UF. Just like Notre Dame, Nebraska, and other schools that once ruled the college landscape because of their historical relevance which are now only brought into the conversation because of their name (reference how Miami exposed ND as a fraud), UF is on the precipice of irrelevance. Schools like UCF who can pay good money to coaches, provide good facilities, and give them time to build something special without losing there minds when an occasional rough spot comes are becoming more and more attractive to younger coaches who are interested in a work/life balance that will not burn them out, get them divorced, and have them drop dead on the sideline.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look, you know I'm not invested in Kelly. (Or any spread option guy. You know I hate sideways offenses.) I'm not talking about kidnapping him and bringing him back.

I'm talking about making us look like Vole-like buffoons hopping on your jet with entourage and striking out. You don't even leave until you have the deal done.

Too big of a job for this guy it appears. We should have known better hiring a guy from Cowbell with 2 years experience who has never even made a HBC hire. Foolish stuff all the way around. Seems like nice enough guy, but that doesn't get the job done.

They hopped on a plane before the UCLA announcement. The announcement came midair. They had a commitment prior to the USC game. Wouldn't you have felt confident?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Finally heard something for the first time since Saturday. Here's the long and short of it:

While is info isn't new, I does confirm some things.
Wow, so SS did fcck up, sweet jesus

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
When Mal Moore,the AlabamaAD,flew to Miami-Ft. Lauderdale,to offer the job to Saban the pilot told him that if Saban was not on board for the trip back to Tuscaloosa that the plane was going to Cuba.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Well, 50/50 is better than “anyone other than ucla will be a surprise.”

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do we know that for sure or is that more speculation that is uncorroborated?

It's spec, a report from somewhere. Damn, I can't remember them all at this point.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

Thanks for looking into this, Ox. Is there any indication that we have a fall back plan, or is our plan b of the "Oh Sh1t!" variety?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for looking into this, Ox. Is there any indication that we have a fall back plan, or is our plan b of the "Oh Sh1t!" variety?
I have reached out to find out who #2 would be if Chip bails. If I get that answer, I may start a new thread.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't Heitner tweet that we left New Hampshire without a commitment? The whole thing's become a mish-mash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.