Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
So, first of all let me thank you for my first DISLIKE. Thought for sure Swamp Ass was going to get that honor. But I digress, it is not a sense of loss, it is a lack of competency in how you handle delicate matters. Again, I deal in high profile employment contracts for a Forbes Top 10 corporation and when we are looking to replace a C-level executive and are looking at other companies who may have talent we are interested in speaking with.....we go to extraordinary length to provide incredible amounts of privacy around our activities. First, on behalf of the party we are interested in speaking with. Second, on behalf of the company we represent so that should we no come to terms with our first effort, the second person of interest is not tainted in the discussion feeling jilted OR empowered to demand more than what they would normally due to the fact that they know we have already be declined. Again, this is not a matter of if he should not have gone after CK, it is a matter of now the whole world knows you failed and you have emboldened and empowered every other person you speak too with a sense of they have the upper hand due to your previous failure.

How many of these C level execs are on 24/7 media watch to see their next move? I venture to say slim to none.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I was just trying to help the guy out. You can be in all you want but count me out. I'm in the 1% of the board that's still not freaking out over nothing.
Better step to it, mister.
threatening-mob.gif

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
If we lose CK over this, then yes Crunch, SS is incompetent.

Redonckulous. This is how the negations should have gone (Strick, if you're reading this, I'm available as a Consigliere at reasonable compensation):

Strick: Chip, we're really excited to introduce you as the next head coach and drag us out of the $hitcan your predecessor dropped us into.

Chip: I'm excited too Strick! Lets get this train to the station.

Strick: Just one thing, Chip. A lot of us here are really appreciative of what coach Shannon has invested in our program and he's done an admirable job with a difficult situation. A lot of the players really like him. We'd like it if you kept him on.

Chip: I'd rather contract Herpes Simplex 10

Strick: I never liked him anyway. We'll put his $hit in a box and he can pick it up outside BHG tomorrow. Get some sleep, suit up, press conference in the AM...

Chip: Dibbs on that chick from your selfie....

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
If this Shannon non-sense is true, we should just fold up our tent and be content to win swim meets from now on.
Give him a title like Youth Football Ambassador and pay him to do clinics in South Florida and talk good about the Gators. Done.I'm not sure, but my impression is the guy might be honored by something like that.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
If we lose, or have lost Kelly, one good thing has come out of this search, the facilities problem has been driven home. On College Football today, the panelist ranked UF the worst of the three SEC jobs: UF, TAMU, Tennessee. Talked a bit about how facilities and how they effect recruiting. Lack of facilities is presented as lack of commitment.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Scott Frost would be honored to be offered the head coach position at the University of Florida.

Especially when it involved $5 million.
You live in a strangely optimistic fantasy world. I envy that but am stuck here in reality.

Please tell me you are just joking about Frost for 5 million. Frost is the consensus only other home-run hire in the hottest market in college coaching search history, a market where just in the SEC you have UF, Tenn, aTm all looking to throw 10's of millions at the right hire.

But in your mind Frost will be honored to be low-balled by UF at 5 million a year because 78 doesn't think he's worth more?

Nebraska has already offered him over 6 million according to reports. Tennessee will offer him 6.5 million without batting an eye once they see where this is heading.

We need to make a full court press at Frost and that isn't 5 million a year.

But it's looking more likely that Swonky's idea of just admitting defeat and going forward with Randy Shannon might be our destiny. If that happens the recruiting class is going to fall in the crapper and I will have finally capitulated and given up hope. I won't watch that sh*tshow.

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
I was just trying to help the guy out. You can be in all you want but count me out. I'm in the 1% of the board that's still not freaking out over nothing.

It was in response to the talk about running the car in the garage (carbon monoxide inhalation and suicide). Teslas are electric and don't run on gas.... Crap. My joke sucked. I feel much shame....

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The whole Shannon being the deal breaker thing is probably the most ridiculous rumor to come out this week.
No ****ing way that is true come on people.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So there's still just babble-rumoring that Kelly is an undone deal.
If no Kelly, as suggested by a prior poster, learn from it to paint an irresistible picture to make Frost accept. Offer him magic money and facilities update, free tuition for his son's Montessori, good coaches' assistant pay, etc.
Please, please don't let us backslide into the mediocrity that got all these myriad HCs fired.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I'm telling you, there is more going on here than SS. This reeks of Foley interference. I don't think you can waive off the rumors that he was against this hire. This hire is the anti-Foley. Can anyone think of another time a coach was hired and strong armed into keeping existing staff? That's a legitimate question. I can't think of ever hearing this - and that has to be coming from someone high up in the administration. Is it just the President himself - or does he have Foley in his ear?

The first thing I’d do is decide which if any of the current staff to retain. There have been holdovers in every transition since SOS (I think). As long as the HC can work with them, it does likely help the transition.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
It was in response to the talk about running the car in the garage (carbon monoxide inhalation and suicide). Teslas are electric and don't run on gas.... Crap. My joke sucked. I feel much shame....
I jus now get the Tesla/ Suicide joke... LMFAO.

Last edited:

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
If we lose, or have lost Kelly, one good thing has come out of this search, the facilities problem has been driven home. On College Football today, the panelist ranked UF the worst of the three SEC jobs: UF, TAMU, Tennessee. Talked a bit about how facilities and how they effect recruiting. Lack of facilities is presented as lack of commitment.
Every cloud has a silver lining I guess, but still feels like a punch in the gut right now.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
You live in a strangely optimistic fantasy world. I envy that but am stuck here in reality.

Please tell me you are just joking about Frost for 5 million. Frost is the consensus only other home-run hire in the hottest market in college coaching search history, a market where just in the SEC you have UF, Tenn, aTm all looking to throw 10's of millions at the right hire.

But in your mind Frost will be honored to be low-balled by UF at 5 million a year because 78 doesn't think he's worth more?

Nebraska has already offered him over 6 million according to reports. Tennessee will offer him 6.5 million without batting an eye once they see where this is heading.

We need to make a full court press at Frost and that isn't 5 million a year.

But it's looking more likely that Swonky's idea of just admitting defeat and going forward with Randy Shannon might be our destiny. If that happens the recruiting class is going to fall in the crapper and I will have finally capitulated and given up hope. I won't watch that sh*tshow.
So much fun spending other people’s money.... Don’t worry. They’re doing that at Tennessee and Nebraska, too.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Yeah. He lit it up his last few years at SC

He still has another season in him to reinvigorate the Gators for one season while we find the perfect fit. Keep good coaching and recruiting staff. He can still motivate and call plays

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
tenor.gif
Over all this bs with Kelly, either come out and say your a Gator or move the **** on. I feel like im being forced to watch the bachelorette and it's the final rose episode and he's just dragging it out

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
The first thing I’d do is decide which if any of the current staff to retain. There have been holdovers in every transition since SOS (I think). As long as the HC can work with them, it does likely help the transition.
Oh no doubt. I just think the new coach should probably be the one doing that evaluation. He's the one that has to manage and work with them on a day to day basis.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Get frost at all costs.... he knows he number 2 so jack up the $ and tell him the keys to the operation are his... if he bails on it then get the Urban protege Cambell- huge buyout I know. But we could test drive him for 2-3 years. He's a young jacked up dude.
Next would be Norvell...
Last resort for me is Strong

I still have hope for CK
UCF has a huge game coming up against USF and if they win their undefeated in the regular season and they didn't have one win in 2015. Amazing. Scott Frost would be worth the wait if ghey dont get Kelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.