Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's the UAA not investing in their main revenue generating sport which is stupid. No way to run a busines.
The AD's office is stuffed full of incompetence. Obviously, some of the football money has to be spent on other sports, but strangling football is a suicidal path.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yall a bunch of bourbon drinking mofos.

Ordered a Bulleit rye from the bar. Had one sip before my nephew knocked it over, spilling it all. My wife felt bad and went back to the bar and came back with a Cigar City Jai Lai.

Feels like a Sicilian message. First choice is out, now we’re getting Strong.

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
Sounds like we have some bourbon lovers in here. I poured some private selection OBSK Four Roses and some Stagg earlier to calm my nerves over this whirlwind. Ready for this to be over

Working on some Basil Hayden tonight. Nothing exotic, but it’s my go to.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like we have some bourbon lovers in here. I poured some private selection OBSK Four Roses and some Stagg earlier to calm my nerves over this whirlwind. Ready for this to be over
Not a fan of Four Roses. Liked their barrel strength, but have not tried any other limited release stuff. Heard the LE stuff is good. Is that Stagg jr or sr?

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
...and he is worth it.
Ohio State has a much greater national recognition than UF at this point in time, so if we want to attract the best candidate we will have to overpay to bring them on board. We are operating from a position of weakness because the last two coaches have **** the bed and the UAA has been using the program as a piggy bank to expand non revenue generating sports.

If Frost/Kelly live up the reputation as the BIG thing and puts the UF program back into the Top 5 every year the extra $3 mill per your in salary will be pocket change to the increased revenue from a thriving football program. Plus given the salary inflation in another two/three years that $6.5 per year may be the standard cost for the coach at a top 20 program. Kirby Smart signed a 6 year deal at UGA two years ago and makes $3.75 per year (plus bonus). Is $6 or $6.5 really that big of a jump.

The UAA needs to grow some damn balls and make an offer that Frost/Kelly can't refuse. **** I'd offer Saben 10-12 mill per year if I thought he would bring us the same success as AL and I can't stand the guy.

To quote David Sterling "Qui audet adipiscitur" (Who Dares Wins).

Oy vey.

throwing-money-away.gif

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Tonight, I am drinking Colonel Taylor, Single Barrel. It's outstanding.
I've got the Elijah Craig 23 yr old on standby, in case we actually hire Kelly.

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
Tonight, I am drinking Colonel Taylor, Single Barrel. It's outstanding.
I've got the Elijah Craig 23 yr old on standby, in case we actually hire Kelly.
Sounds fancy. I moved on to JW Black for tonight. Yes, everything in my cabinet is boring.... But I'm taking notes from this thread!

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Sounds fancy. I moved on to JW Black for tonight. Yes, everything in my cabinet is boring.... But I'm taking notes from this thread!

I admit that I am a whiskey freak. Bourbon, in particular. Current favorite is A Midwinter Night's Dram. Hard as hell to find, and absolutely delicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator