Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let's say we did decide to go the the way. I wonder if it's because our guys got turned off over the wait and/or waffling from Kelly. Negotiations can sometimes be the clearest determinant of the future.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Good luck with that. I’d be shocked if you could even fly at half staff. Which by the way is a sign of heart disease. So you may want to take your tubby ass to the cardiologist.
Half staff makes your dad scream well enough.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Half staff makes your dad scream well enough.
I’m sure it’s laughter. Likely a button on a fur coat situation. If you start having chest pains put down the six pack of twinkies and pop some aspirin

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is so reminiscent of high school dating. :lol:

Florida officials are scheduled to meet with UCF coach Scott Frost's representatives in Orlando this weekend as the Gators are preparing to move on in case former Oregon coach Chip Kelly chooses the UCLA job, sources told ESPN's Mark Schlabach and Edward Aschoff.

Sources said that Kelly has not informed the Gators of a decision, but Florida officials feel their chances of landing the current ESPN analyst have diminished since meeting with him at his home in New Hampshire on Sunday.

Kelly met with UCLA officials in Los Angeles on Tuesday and is expected to make a decision between Florida and UCLA in the coming days.

Frost is also expected to be a candidate at Nebraska, his alma mater, if the Cornhuskers decide to fire Mike Riley. Frost is in his second season at UCF, ranked No. 15 in the most recent College Football Playoff rankings.

Other candidates who might be considered for Florida's opening include Mississippi State's Dan Mullen, West Virginia's Dana Holgorsen, Washington State's Mike Leach and Oregon's Willie Taggart.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal.../florida-gators-looking-ucf-coach-scott-frost

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
I wouldn't mind seeing Spurrier get another crack or two at the SEC while one the Gators' sideline.

gatorjohn

Founding Member
Rev
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
UCF losing might be a good thing for us. Still plenty of time left though.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Maybe. If you listen to what Stricklin has said and what SOS has said, maybe Kelly was never the main target. Egg on some faces, yeah, but if it is Frost after all, I’m pretty damn happy.

I've wanted Frost from the beginning....no argument there....

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just one problem. Strong's USF is taking it to Frost's UCF in their crib. The total yards is decisively in USF's favor. What if the Bulls win? Doesn't that cloud things just a tad?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Yeah, I get the "we're here and this is how we move forward". I'm simply lamenting that this has not been handled with the finesse that I would expect out of a professional.

Or perhaps Kelly would not allow it to be handled with finesse.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Just one problem. Strong's USF is taking it to Frost's UCF in their crib. The total yards is decisively in USF's favor. What if the Bulls win? Doesn't that cloud things just a tad?

Not really. I am watching the game and wonder who Gators are rooting for. Perhaps a loss convinces him to go to UF and get better talent and support? Or the opposite.

I have said that today a running QB is required unlike say Mac.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
This is so reminiscent of high school dating. :lol:

Florida officials are scheduled to meet with UCF coach Scott Frost's representatives in Orlando this weekend as the Gators are preparing to move on in case former Oregon coach Chip Kelly chooses the UCLA job, sources told ESPN's Mark Schlabach and Edward Aschoff.

Sources said that Kelly has not informed the Gators of a decision, but Florida officials feel their chances of landing the current ESPN analyst have diminished since meeting with him at his home in New Hampshire on Sunday.

Kelly met with UCLA officials in Los Angeles on Tuesday and is expected to make a decision between Florida and UCLA in the coming days.

Frost is also expected to be a candidate at Nebraska, his alma mater, if the Cornhuskers decide to fire Mike Riley. Frost is in his second season at UCF, ranked No. 15 in the most recent College Football Playoff rankings.

Other candidates who might be considered for Florida's opening include Mississippi State's Dan Mullen, West Virginia's Dana Holgorsen, Washington State's Mike Leach and Oregon's Willie Taggart.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal.../florida-gators-looking-ucf-coach-scott-frost

Wait, Kelly hasn’t decided between us and ucla yet??? I heard ucla had him locked up. Were those reports premature??? How is that even possible???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.