Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
How the HELL do you do this PUBLICLY???

Whehhhhhhh..... Im just not sure of this AD. Doesnt seem to understand stealth and maintaining face. We arent Cowbell We arent ok w public shamings.

That’s assuming that the report is accurate, well-sourced and legit. He isn’t doing anything publicly, but the Franz Beards of the world are out there trying to get attention.

We need a prediction contest on posts in this thread. Over/under now is 10,000.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Makes you think people connected to UF want to get this out there possibly since everyone is on the Kelly isn't coming here now deal.

Maybe. Or maybe Franz Beard is trying to make himself look less idiotic. So many games get played in this.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is this gonna be page 400 by the time the sun rises in the east?

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Watch that first step, it's a doozy!

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017
The longer this goes on, the more I'm convinced Chip is a looney tune.

Regardless WHAT he decides, not sure I want him. Frost seems a lot more stable.

That article written about him when he was at philly suggested he may be on the spectrum as a high functioning autistic... like aspegers.

His behavior is of that suggestion.

Socially awkward, driven on a particular cause, specific on the tasks, etc....

Definitely a unique dude.

Now maybe the UF is moving on talk gets him to to a decision!

I'd take him cause I'm not sure Frost will come.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
How many P5 schools withh 100+ yrs plaing ball, countless notable alums, huge bankroll, 8 conf titles, 3 nattys and 37 bowls are looking for a coach?

WTF is so difficult? In another reality they would be lining up at our door. I don’t get it.

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017
How many P5 schools withh 100+ yrs plaing ball, countless notable alums, huge bankroll, 8 conf titles, 3 nattys and 37 bowls are looking for a coach?

WTF is so difficult? In another reality they would be lining up at our door. I don’t get it.

Why is it we can never have anything nice?

Just once I would like to have a seamless transition to a coach that delivers

jbaker07

Oct 15, 2017

I completely understand the frustration, but the problem is there are only so many "top/hot coaches available." So Kelly and Frost aren't interested in UF, then Stricklin and company are in a tough spot. Because after you get past Kelly/Frost, there would appear to be a huge drop off in the splash that hiring another coach will make. It doesn't help that UF's apparent attempt to hire Kelly became public knowledge and appears to have come up short.

Hopefully Stricklin can find a way to hire Frost, otherwise it's hard to see the fan base being 100% behind any potential hire.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
I completely understand the frustration, but the problem is there are only so many "top/hot coaches available." So Kelly and Frost aren't interested in UF, then Stricklin and company are in a tough spot. Because after you get past Kelly/Frost, there would appear to be a huge drop off in the splash that hiring another coach will make. It doesn't help that UF's apparent attempt to hire Kelly became public knowledge and appears to have come up short.

Hopefully Stricklin can find a way to hire Frost, otherwise it's hard to see the fan base being 100% behind any potential hire.

What happened to the list every great AD keeps in his desk. Guys he has built connections with. Proven and up and comers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator