Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Buddy, I know you hate sideways offenses but the aggressive vertical approach just hardly exists anymore in the college game. Your best hope is Norvell.
HTTP3d3dy5vaG1hZ2lmLmNvbS93cC1jb250ZW50L3VwbG9hZHMvMjAxMy8xMi9ncmVlZHktZG9ua2V5LWtpY2tpbmctYW5kLWNoYXNpbmctYS1sbGFtYS5naWYlog.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Frost
Norvell
Beg Spurrier for a year or two to buy us time

But I fear the oldie but goldies, Mullen and Strong, get pulled in after ABC is exhausted (Spurrier will never happen; I'm just thinking out loud). I'll take Strong/Gilbert over Mullen if that happens.

I'm out of gas.

So throw away any chance at a bowl game, kill a really good recruiting class, and embarrass us on a national stage...to land Randy Shannon or Strong? Again, need to go Pol Pot in the UAA.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We can pivot this into a legal thread, about UF’s pursuit of breach of contract over the signed contract.
Apparently just an agreement in principal or agreement to contract later.

Not likely to be enforceable.

We arent interested anyway. WDWHA you know.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
But but but...you guys said somehow we had him signed sealed and delivered and were just keeping it the world's biggest secret until tomorrow?

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if this was all set up to get Frost. We go to Kelly to judge interest and find out if Frost is a good candidate. Kelly tells us he wants to get back into coaching and he knows UCLA job is opening so he makes a deal I'll talk to Frost and you help me leverage UCLA.......:what:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So throw away any chance at a bowl game, kill a really good recruiting class, and embarrass us on a national stage...to land Randy Shannon or Strong? Again, need to go Pol Pot in the UAA.

This is what happens to a stock when it drops through support.

Somewhere down here.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This cracks me up. If we had landed Kelly, you would be singing Stricklin's praises. Where there is the possibility of real success, there is the possibility of real failure.

If we entered talks but didn't land him I'm fine. The flight spectacle, which was bound to happen, is a joke.

As I said before, there's a reason we didn't fly to Foxboro or Tuscaloosa. You're going to get turned down by coaches if you swing big, and that's ok. But you look foolish flying that group to NH and then returning with nothing.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Oh well, can't say I'm surprised, just seems the way of the world now, when it comes to Gator FB, can't catch a break

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Neither do I, Im just saying there are plenty of vertical offenses.

But you want him as the head coach/OC because you fear he's leaving in a few seasons if he's only the OC. Reduces the probable field dramatically.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Strick seems to have gotten played badly. Welcome to big time program Strick. Don't fook this up moreso.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.