Chris Weinke Leaving IMG for Rams QB Coach Job

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Still looking for official word, but it looks like Weinke is leaving IMG for the QB coach job with the St. Louis Rams. Hopefully this opens up the doors more with the players as he was clearly pushing guys FSU. Don't care who they hire as long as they aren't guys that try to force decisions on these kids.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that I would at least like somebody who doesn't push FSU, but would LOVE a Gator in there :-)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is great news. Now he can stop cock blocking us

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Who would want a guy who sucked as bad as any qb in the league ever did, to coach them in the league?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n179940 said:
IMG has some big time players this year. This is good news for us.
Didn't shavar manual transfer into there?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Huge news for us in this recruiting cycle. Hopefully they don't put in another ex-fsu clown to continue the pipeline. Without Weinke's interference Francois would be a Gator right now.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Great news indeed! Good riddance to Stinky and him pushing all of his top kids to FSU.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He said Weinke....:hehehe:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
t-gator;n179956 said:
Didn't shavar manual transfer into there?

Yes, yes he did.

Reading the blip of news under his name (waiting on DL Coaching change at MIA, where IMG sent 3 recruits last season) made me want to know how much of an FSU push Wanker was making.

FSU - 4* (TE Nauta, QB Malik Henry)
MIA + FSU - nil

FSU - 4* (QB Francois)
MIA - 4* (OL St. Loius, DE Patchan), 3* (DT Fines)
UF - bupkis

FSU + MIA + UF = nada

2013-2010 (Wanker was on staff) no stats from rivals.com for those years. 247 site is not easily searchable, and poking around ESPN's recruiting I'm not seeing much of a pipeline from IMG to anywhere. FSU got as many players (if you count next year's verbals) as MIA actually signed so far. Accusations of Wanker's shunting top talent to FSU seem solely focused on Francois (whom I also think we could have flipped had Wanker not been there) and two verbals for next year which we ought to have a good chance to flip should we choose to.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n180318 said:
EG Green is taking over (at least temporarily) so don't expect much improvement

Too right PaDool, this could turn more bias. So much of recruiting may be advanced by Coach Mac following his
statement that playing here will be a blast. Let's have faith that Macrew makes that come true = UF becomes a
recruiting magnet again.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Just an update on the 2016 recruits out of IMG. Same two to FSU, five to other schools. Be interesting to see if there is any push to send IMG kids to FSU or not. Doesn't look like a stronghold with Weinke leaving, or with EG Green filling in. Source is rivals (yahoo) sports.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Ha....digging deeper, they are a pipeline for Buffalo (go figure).

Dec 10, 2014
TLB;n197062 said:
Just an update on the 2016 recruits out of IMG. Same two to FSU, five to other schools. Be interesting to see if there is any push to send IMG kids to FSU or not. Doesn't look like a stronghold with Weinke leaving, or with EG Green filling in. Source is rivals (yahoo) sports.

And who nailed the head coaching replacement before it was even on the radar of being announced? :wink:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n197062 said:

Need to go after that 5* LB (Smith) as well as the 5* DE Manuel.

Sgt. Schultz

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2015
I don't think Weinke pushed anyone to FSU, and I doubt that any particular school is going to have an advantage unless it's because they see alums having success at other schools. IMG is a football factory, plain and simple, and the players come from from everywhere. The kids FSU has pledged are from California and Georgia. The one Florida has is from Alabama. I think that the only advantage a Florida school has is proximity, but many of the kids that came from other states will have more allegiance to where they came from, not a school in Florida. I think it was impressive that UF got Perry because Auburn wanted him, and it's hard to get a kid out of Alabama that is wanted by one or both of the state schools. There's nothing in Alabama but college football anyway, that's why the entire state howled when Winston left to go to FSU. I'm sure he still is given a hard time there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator