Coach Cordell Landers

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
3 posts in a row... someone is excited. I’m glad he’s shaking up the recruiting staff but upgrading a guy like Knox would be even better.

I understand what you’re saying but they would not be able to upgrade him until after the season anyway. They already screwed up by keeping him and getting rid of Seider already. There’s not any move they can make for a top-tier RB coach until the end of the season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He isn't a real coach. No reason to think they can't hire out a staffer at anytime. If they want to.

May cost more.

Fooley would wait til Feb of course, when most the contract expire.

I'm not sure a bunch of GAs, QAs and interns couldn't do a better job. One of Bammer's secret to success is they buy up quality guys and have spares everywhere. They are never really left with no other options.

Replacing some of the Asst Coaches, yeah, must basically wait til Dec. You don't want to replace them midseason under any circumstance really, though I would have made an exception for Nussdump.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
When the ship is dead in the water its only a matter of time before bad things begin to happen. I'm glad to see Mullens repower the USS Gator.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I understand what you’re saying but they would not be able to upgrade him until after the season anyway. They already screwed up by keeping him and getting rid of Seider already. There’s not any move they can make for a top-tier RB coach until the end of the season.

Should have tried a little harder to keep Seider.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This.
Need context, fellow gators.
Seider might have been the best recruiter on Mac’s staff...ain’t sayin much.
Water under the bridge, but he is an elite recruiter and an elite position coach. Not too many of those around. Torrian Gray was also. When we get one of those, we MUST keep them.

Defend the Swamp

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2018
Water under the bridge, but he is an elite recruiter and an elite position coach. Not too many of those around. Torrian Gray was also. When we get one of those, we MUST keep them.

TG was always going to follow the Butt-sniffer. No way he stays here even if offered the DC position.
Unsure if he was even ready for that jump. Not saying he couldn’t be average but elite?

What about former gators?
Hell, Keiwan might be a better option for us for DB’s & recruiting. Intriguing to me how he would perform if asked.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Seider was not an elite position coach. The RB's under him and Skippy had no F'ing clue on pass protection and blitz pickup... he might have been a decent recruiter but, definitely not an elite position coach...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Seider was not an elite position coach. The RB's under him and Skippy had no F'ing clue on pass protection and blitz pickup... he might have been a decent recruiter but, definitely not an elite position coach...
Welcome back, ERG.

Skipper was trash of course. The backs made great improvement under their 10 months of Seider though, including the freshmen.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If not understanding pass protection and blitz pickups is great improvement then, maybe I am wrong...

leogator

May 5, 2018
If not understanding pass protection and blitz pickups is great improvement then, maybe I am wrong...
You are not wrong. He was not an elite position coach but according to some an elite recruiter. He was not here long enough for us to see how good a recruiter he was.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't marianna start a thread called " shcit just got real " when we hired this dude? I'll have to look.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
On the surface it looks like a hiring mistake as does his firing Seider. Glad our HC brought all that HCing experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator