Coach Cutcliffe

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I was watching the Paul Fine-Bomb show, today and Cutcliff was a guest. When asked about Roper, Cutcliff really spoke highly of Roper. I found it interesting when he said that Florida will be a much better practice team and that we would be much tougher on offense. One of the biggest complaints about Pease, was that he did not do a good job preparing the offense and that practices were a cluster ferk. Cutcliff said that Florida will be much, much better offensively. Tony Barnhart, who was filling in for Fine-Bomb, said that he agreed. I am really excited about Roper and the things I continue to hear about him from other coaches and players. My friend, who is a WR, smiles ear to ear when he talks about the new offense. You have to feel encouraged when you hear specifics like those spoke by Cutcliff. Cutcliff also said that he will be a Gator fan this year, as well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I actually like Cutcliffe but the thought of this much Vole attached to our program makes me somewhat sick at my stomach.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
I actually like Cutcliffe but the thought of this much Vole attached to our program makes me somewhat sick at my stomach.
At least he left and never went back and when they were at UT they were relevant.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
Yeah, I know. It just feels so desperate.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I got excited from watching last year's bowl game between aTm and Duke. My only question all along was, is it Cutcliff, or Roper? I guess we'll find out this year.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Im sure it was a mixture of the two, but I feel confident in Roper. He knows his stuff and the players know it.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Won't mean jack **** unless Duncechamp keeps his nose out of it. We'll know if he has come halftime of the Idaho game.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm hoping roper surpasses his teacher kind of like Chris Peterson and chip Kelly passed there's.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cutcliff has stated numerous times that Roper has been the play caller for almost 10 years, don't see any reason for Cutcliff to lie. Also Roper was the one who introduced Cutcliff to the hurry up.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n20127 said:
Won't mean jack **** unless Duncechamp keeps his nose out of it. We'll know if he has come halftime of the Idaho game.

Have a take and don't suck. Fail!

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n20123 said:
Im sure it was a mixture of the two, but I feel confident in Roper. He knows his stuff and the players know it.

Can't wait to find out.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Roper has a tall order to turn around our offense. I think he will do it.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
I got excited from watching last year's bowl game between aTm and Duke. My only question all along was, is it Cutcliff, or Roper? I guess we'll find out this year.
We got burned on that with the last OC. Was it Peterson at Boise or was it Pease?

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Pease didn't have QB's, like Eli Manning, vouch for him. Instead he had fat boy do the opposite.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator;n20175 said:
Roper has a tall order to turn around our offense. I think he will do it.

With how low we are now it almost has to improve a lot. The only thing that makes me a little nervous is that Duke didn't do much at all against the 2 usual decent defenses in the ACC - VT and FSU or when they played a real good out of conference defense. I know most of that can be pinned on having lesser players but offense is usually where an outmatched team can scheme their way to decent production unlike defense. With our players maybe that won't be an issue however.

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't know how what Duke did affects what UF will do?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n20383 said:
With how low we are now it almost has to improve a lot. The only thing that makes me a little nervous is that Duke didn't do much at all against the 2 usual decent defenses in the ACC - VT and FSU or when they played a real good out of conference defense. I know most of that can be pinned on having lesser players but offense is usually where an outmatched team can scheme their way to decent production unlike defense. With our players maybe that won't be an issue however.
Yeah, Duke was competing with those teams with lesser talent so I'm sure they struggled a bit...especially in the trenches. I'm optimistic about our offense with Roper at the helm. We gotta be better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.