Coach Cutcliffe

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dukes offense didn't show up against FSU (7), at Virginia Tech (13), and Georiga Tech (14) - The triple option negates talent. Against Miami at home they put 48 points on them, while at Miami we scored 16. Against FSU in a neutral site game Duke scored 7 and we scored 7 against FSU at home. The two combined quarterbacks for Duke do not have half the natural talent of Driskel. They have been better coached and make quicker decisions, but don't have the talent. Yardage wise Duke put up 239 total offense against FSU and 565 against Miami. UF put up 413 against Miami and 193 against FSU. The talent level at Florida even with the injuries dwarves the talent level of the Duke Football team.

I don't know if Roper is going to work out or not, but we honestly don't have that far to fall offensively. Roper has a few quarterbacks in the NFL that can attest to his teaching ability, at this point I don't think either Weis or Pease can say that as college coaches.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n20399 said:
Dukes offense didn't show up against FSU (7), at Virginia Tech (13), and Georiga Tech (14) - The triple option negates talent. Against Miami at home they put 48 points on them, while at Miami we scored 16. Against FSU in a neutral site game Duke scored 7 and we scored 7 against FSU at home. The two combined quarterbacks for Duke do not have half the natural talent of Driskel. They have been better coached and make quicker decisions, but don't have the talent. Yardage wise Duke put up 239 total offense against FSU and 565 against Miami. UF put up 413 against Miami and 193 against FSU. The talent level at Florida even with the injuries dwarves the talent level of the Duke Football team.

I don't know if Roper is going to work out or not, but we honestly don't have that far to fall offensively. Roper has a few quarterbacks in the NFL that can attest to his teaching ability, at this point I don't think either Weis or Pease can say that as college coaches.

I agree with a lot of that.

And the chance is zero we do worse offensively this season even if Driskel got injured. The question is how far we move forward. 400+ yards a game avg is within reach imo.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n20401 said:
I agree with a lot of that. And the chance is zero we do worse offensively this season even if Driskel got injured. The question is how far we move forward. 400+ yards a game avg is within reach imo.
It will be so nice to finally see an effective offense again in the orange and blue! Let's hope it's this year and we can all start talking about something other than the "what ifs".

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
deuce coupe;n20152 said:
Can't wait to find out.

cx2BgcF.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We've been saying it can't get worse since Adazzio and every year it does.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
Hopefully, we won't be making appointments with therapist after the season.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n20669 said:

Muschamp even called Addazio for advice last season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Imagine that conversation.

Daz? It's Chimp. How can I get back to the 90th ranked offense?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n20687 said:

:hehehe:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:

:lmao:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is a quetion I have heard from many and have wondered myself. According to this the answer is pretty clear. Roper had complete control of the offense and called all the plays.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
Pease didn't have QB's, like Eli Manning, vouch for him. Instead he had fat boy do the opposite.
What got me is we never heard from Kellen Moore until after Pease got fired and all he said was "not surprised " hardly a ringing endorsement.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
JC_Gator;n20175 said:
Roper has a tall order to turn around our offense. I think he will do it.

With how low we are now it almost has to improve a lot. The only thing that makes me a little nervous is that Duke didn't do much at all against the 2 usual decent defenses in the ACC - VT and FSU or when they played a real good out of conference defense. I know most of that can be pinned on having lesser players but offense is usually where an outmatched team can scheme their way to decent production unlike defense. With our players maybe that won't be an issue however.
There was such a disparity is talent between FSU and Duke that no offensive scheme could have succeeded. I hate FSU, but, their defense played very good last year. Had Duke been much stronger at running the ball, They would have scored more points, against FSU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator