Coaching candidates for 2024

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously this is where we're headed. A coaching search next year.

Urban- not coming out retirement but would be my #1. No explanation needed there.

Lane Kiffin is my right there with Urban for me. But if he wins 10 games next year he'll likely be in the new 12 playoffs. Regardless, he's not gonna leave a program he built up from probation to takeover another mess.

Dan Lanning ain't leaving Oregon. He's already in a way better situation where he's at. No incentive to move here. And let's be realistic. Look at anm. They ended up with Elko. Don't you think they would have waited on Lanning if he would have been willing to leave?

Jedd Fisch has been a popular name. I wanna see more than one good year. He hasn't been know for pumping out explosive offenses Until now. They've put up alot of points and gone from winless to 9 wins in 3 years. Pretty sure him and spurrier are still buddies. I wouldn't hate it.

Jamey Chadwell has been a winner at 4 stops. An offensive minded guy. Best recruiting class in his conference. Only 2 one score games this year in their undefeated year. So he's dominated his comp. But the downfall is zero p5 experience . You have to worry how he would translate into the sec. Could get behind it but not the top of my list.

Rhett Lashley is one I'm watching. I'm thinking he was a good recruiter at Auburn and miami. Called plays in the SEC and ACC for a while. His smu offense is averaging 40 points a game and just won their conference championship. Full honesty, I haven't watched any smu.

Brian Hartline is the top coordinator/ assistant if we were to go that route imo. He's an elite recruiter. Been the passing game coordinator and this year was his 1st year as oc but we all know it's Days offense. Can't think of a more high profile assistant right now.

Who do you guys got?

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I would love Jamey Chadwell. Just went 13-0 at his current stop. Proven winner at each stop. Reminds me of Urban

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If we were making a move this year, Urban(not happening anyway), Lanning l(unlikely) and Kiffin I guess would be the play. I’d be ok with Hartline just from hearing his name as often as I have and the fact that P5 coordinators are outperforming G5 step-ups. So I’d prefer him of the realistic options. If we’re staring at next November anyway, I’d like to see more from Fisch. That 1-11 season scares me, and not sure one good season should earn you this job.

Not big on Lashley, and Chadwell is too similar to Napier in that he’s having success at a lower level with no real data to support the translation. Not to mention this year he’s winning with mostly Freeze’s players.

Lastly, would anyone be shocked if there was some connection between Sasse and Frost. Different years in school, and who knows if they ever met, but I wouldn’t be blown away if they had and he got some attention.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ok just did some research on Hartline. National Recruiter of the Year, offensive mind, young and aggressive, and married to her. Change the locks at the facilities tonight, make the call to this guy, and Douglas and I will collect some boxes from Publix for Billy.

1702012056630.jpeg

Last edited:

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Ok just did some research on Hartline. National Recruiter of the Year, offensive mind, young and aggressive, and married to her. Change the locks at the facilities tonight, make the call to this guy, and Douglas and I will collect some boxes from Publix for Billy.

View attachment 64968
Unfortunately, this year was his first year calling play for the Buckeyes and their offense was hard to watch at times. Not sure that he is much of an upgrade. If his boss loses to Michigan again in 24, he would be a great candidate for Florida and his buyout would not be an issue.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we were making a move this year, Urban(not happening anyway), Lanning l(unlikely) and Kiffin I guess would be the play. I’d be ok with Hartline just from hearing his name as often as I have and the fact that P5 coordinators are outperforming G5 step-ups. So I’d prefer him of the realistic options. If we’re staring at next November anyway, I’d like to see more from Fisch. That 1-11 season scares me, and not sure one good season should earn you this job.

Not big on Lashley, and Chadwell is too similar to Napier in that he’s having success at a lower level with no real data to support the translation. Not to mention this year he’s winning with mostly Freeze’s players.

Lastly, would anyone be shocked if there was some connection between Sasse and Frost. Different years in school, and who knows if they ever met, but I wouldn’t be blown away if they had and he got some attention.
I think Hartline would make alot of sense. The biggest question mark, is who he'd bring in as OC and DC. Hopefully he'd poach some of the osu staff

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
We have to make a splash hire, or we're dead.
I would force Dan Lanning to say no. Hit him hard with the best conference in the country line. Nothing in his past screams West Coast . He must be living in culture shock. Especially his family.
Lanning played college football at William Jewell College as a linebacker from 2004 to 2007, he held various coaching positions at Park Hill South High School in Kansas City, Missouri, the University of Pittsburgh, Arizona State University, Sam Houston State University, the University of Alabama, the University of Memphis, the University of Georgia, and the University of Oregon.
If he says no, Go hard at Ryan Day. The fans are pissed because he can't beat Michigan. He's pissed at the fans and next years Michigan game will be a pressure cooker for him.

I would settle for Kiffen if I had to and both Lanning and Day say no.
Kiffen would take the Florida job in a heartbeat.

The problem as I see it for us in 24. We could be anywhere from 0-12 to 3-9. Not sure that's going to be attractive enough for a "Splash" hire.
We may have to settle for an interim like Zook was. A stop the bleeding 7-5/8-4 Coach for 4 years, then get a big name coach.

I don't see Stricnine attempting to change the paradigm. He would definitely go after a coordinator or lower level head coach. Maybe goes after Malzahn.

Bottom line, even in todays free agency in College ball, we are at the bottom of the SEC......

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
There’s no doubt in my mind Billy wins enough next season to get another year. It’s 2025 at the earliest, 2026 is more likely.
Thats a program killer that we would never recover from. That would be 5 losing seasons in a row.
The Swamp would be empty, fans disillusioned and apathetic.
If the current leadership at the University is going the way some say on this board, then that would be the death knell for Florida Football.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There’s no doubt in my mind Billy wins enough next season to get another year. It’s 2025 at the earliest, 2026 is more likely. 2027 isn’t out of the question.

Dead man walking. No way he gets a chance at going 0-3 against the noles. In fact, if he’s on the sidelines past week 5 next year I’d be shocked. I know it. You know it. Vegetable lasagna knows it.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Wins enough meaning less that 5 I am assuming? I see maybe 3 wins. And if certain things go further to the shyt house we could be looking at 1 win against Samford. We don't have Vandy and SC to pad our W/L record.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Dead man walking. No way he gets a chance at going 0-3 against the noles. In fact, if he’s on the sidelines past week 5 next year I’d be shocked. I know it. You know it. Vegetable lasagna knows it.
I’m not so sure. There’s no way Stricklin is going to fire him. The question is when will Stricklin be shown the door?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
There’s no doubt in my mind Billy wins enough next season to get another year. It’s 2025 at the earliest, 2026 is more likely. 2027 isn’t out of the question.

Your right, if the decision is solely Stricklin’s to make.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We have to make a splash hire, or we're dead.
I would force Dan Lanning to say no. Hit him hard with the best conference in the country line. Nothing in his past screams West Coast . He must be living in culture shock. Especially his family.

If he says no, Go hard at Ryan Day. The fans are pissed because he can't beat Michigan. He's pissed at the fans and next years Michigan game will be a pressure cooker for him.

I would settle for Kiffen if I had to and both Lanning and Day say no.
Kiffen would take the Florida job in a heartbeat.

The problem as I see it for us in 24. We could be anywhere from 0-12 to 3-9. Not sure that's going to be attractive enough for a "Splash" hire.
We may have to settle for an interim like Zook was. A stop the bleeding 7-5/8-4 Coach for 4 years, then get a big name coach.

I don't see Stricnine attempting to change the paradigm. He would definitely go after a coordinator or lower level head coach. Maybe goes after Malzahn.

Bottom line, even in todays free agency in College ball, we are at the bottom of the SEC......
We don't have to make a splash hire. We just have to make a good hire. Was Georgia dead when they hired kirby? Was Oregon dead when they hired Lanning? Was Oklahoma dead when they hired Venables? Was osu dead when they hired day? Sarkisian wasn't exactly a splash hire for Texas. Hiring an established p5 head coach doesn't usually happen.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Egg plant I'm assuming.
A disturbing pattern!
Dirty Mind Eggplant GIF by Studios 2016

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe in a little bit we can all sit in a circle , roast marshmallows and sing kumbaya

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.