Comparing Mac's and Chump's 1st class

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SEC COY and made it to ATL. He did well. The wheels came off at the end against real teams. Worst Eastern div since we went to two divisions. Tallest midget last year. Let's see what happens this season.

No doubt it went down the shtter but you asked to compare their records. Which I did. Mac's was much better. We played in Atlanta.

And yes, we all know the end of the season sucked ballz.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
No doubt it went down the shtter but you asked to compare their records. Which I did. Mac's was much better. We played in Atlanta.

And I am just putting it in context. More wins but I don't think we earned any respect on a national level, do you?

Let's not rehash the same old diatribe. Internally, we want to pat ourselves on the back. We made it to ATL. That's huge but we were a joke outside of Gainesville. SO much gets dumped on Treon. My question is who the hell are the Treon bashers going to blame next year if we don't light it up? This should give them time to come up with a list of excuses.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
And I am just putting it in context. More wins but I don't think we earned any respect on a national level, do you?

Let's not rehash the same old diatribe. Internally, we want to pat ourselves on the back. We made it to ATL. That's huge but we were a joke outside of Gainesville. SO much gets dumped on Treon. My question is who the hell are the Treon bashers going to blame next year if we don't light it up? This should give them time to come up with a list of excuses.

If Mac has the tools in place and cant produce, its on him. I doubt it.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

It wasn't all on Treon this year. Horrible line play. Terrible job by the coaches in preparing for the bowl game. Terrible job in preparing a back up to replace Harris. We obviously couldn't switch to zone blocking, but they basically could've told Harris to run every chance he got or put any HS level QB in there to throw the ball.

But, regardless, they still did a much better job than Chump and his crew. But much more is expected at UF. This year has to be much better. And we cannot sacrifice defense for offense.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I'd also love to hear a valid argument of how 2015's SEC East was any worse than 2011, 2013 or 2014. Repeating the same exaggeration doesn't make it any less inaccurate. And as I've pointed out, we didn't just narrowly best the rest of the division. It was basically over the moment we left Jax in October, and required us playing OM and Lsu on the road. No one's arguing that the season finished well. But we accomplished more than we have since 2009 and at one point--when we actually had a QB--were considered one of the most exciting turn-around stories in the country.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
One other addition to McElwain's first "class" that doesn't show up as part of the "class" was adding Halter. I know...I know...he got trucked by the Safety from FSU. But he did start 11 or 12 games. That was huge for us in McElwain's first year. Just one more thing to consider.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
One other addition to McElwain's first "class" that doesn't show up as part of the "class" was adding Halter. I know...I know...he got trucked by the Safety from FSU. But he did start 11 or 12 games. That was huge for us in McElwain's first year. Just one more thing to consider.

Halter was a solid addition simply by being a body. Honestly, as much as we rightly criticize the play of the OL last year, the reality is we may not have even had an OL to criticize if not for some very creative moves by Mac. I've said before, if and when he is successful at UF, the OL moves he made in the close of the '15 recruiting class, and the offseason that followed, will be what allowed it to happen.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
I'd also love to hear a valid argument of how 2015's SEC East was any worse than 2011, 2013 or 2014. Repeating the same exaggeration doesn't make it any less inaccurate. And as I've pointed out, we didn't just narrowly best the rest of the division. It was basically over the moment we left Jax in October, and required us playing OM and Lsu on the road. No one's arguing that the season finished well. But we accomplished more than we have since 2009 and at one point--when we actually had a QB--were considered one of the most exciting turn-around stories in the country.

I would love to hear that as well.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As bad at is was at times with the OL, there were plenty of times especially in the FSUck game that he had time to throw. When the OL gave it time, rarely, TH couldn't hit squat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.