Crazy Larry Bird clip

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some of these passes are just so sick.

They’re for sure a lot of good shooters and a lot of good play makers in the NBA today. But I don’t know if any of them are as good as Larry Bird was.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
And while that clip is phenomenal, what that clip doesn't illustrate is that a ton of his heroics were IN THE POST SEASON or in the 4th quarter. He was as clutch as clutch can be, ESPECIALLY, when it counted.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
While I agree that Eminem is the best rapper, even for his color or especially because of his color, the desire to compare Bird to Mathers is like saying hogshead cheese is as good as mortadella because they both go on white bread.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here’s another great YouTube video of his 50 greatest assists. You just don’t see many passes like this today.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
While I agree that Eminem is the best rapper, even for his color or especially because of his color, the desire to compare Bird to Mathers is like saying hogshead cheese is as good as mortadella because they both go on white bread.
There's so much to unpack from this post... :)

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The best clips on youtube about bird, are player stories. **** that dude was a cold blooded killer. And would tell his opponent before he did it to them. He trolled both his opponents and his teammates.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
And some dude named LeBrun is supposedly better than him. Laughable.
I can't stand Lebron but he is a physical specimen AND has taken all of his teams to great accolades so I'm reluctant to agree. In a one-on-one, with both in their prime, I think Lebron wins to 21. But seeing Lebron whine and cry and flip and flop and insert his "politics" into everything, it's easy to see which person handled themselves better throughout their careers and so I'll always lean toward the better person. In this case, it's easily Bird.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@cover2 , tell me you lost a huge bet, back in the day, because of Bird without telling me you lost a huge bet because of Bird.
:lmao:

View attachment 68635
:lol: Fat thumbs while scrolling through! Unfortunately I do that from time to time :facepalm: Truthfully, nothing to disagree with. Bird was about as good as they come. His shooting range was whenever he walked in the building.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Why didn't it count? I thought as long as it didn't touch the backboard from behind it was OK.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
What's funny, as well as telling, is the old school black super stars talk about playing against him. They crack me up. And then half the Hawks bench falling over themselves when he is lighting their ass up just adds to the legend. And the trash talk! Not sure Jordan ever engaged with him on that level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.