Crazy Larry Bird clip

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
And more or less helps end his career by putting in a driveway for his dad. By hand.
Nothin but net

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I love the clip of him throwing the ball at Laimbeer. While the video is about Bird, that clip was really about Laimbeer. I bet he could’ve inspired Mother Theresa to throw a ball at him like that.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
While I agree that Eminem is the best rapper, even for his color or especially because of his color, the desire to compare Bird to Mathers is like saying hogshead cheese is as good as mortadella because they both go on white bread.
racist comedy central GIF

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Think "King James" could handle the Detroit bad boys? How about the real showtime? Doubt Kareem, Magic, Rambis, Scott and Worthy would be awed by him
Mike and Scotty in their prime
Hakeem the dream
Dominique
The postman

Players back in the day were much tougher and earned their money IMO.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Think "King James" could handle the Detroit bad boys? How about the real showtime? Doubt Kareem, Magic, Rambis, Scott and Worthy would be awed by him
Hakeem the dream
Dominique
The postman

Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Hakeem the dream
Dominique
The postman

James is a phenomenal athlete who would’ve excelled back then as well. His style is a product of today’s NBA where the rules are very different for the elite players. He’d be a different type of player if the league hadn’t changed, but he’d still be a superstar.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Comparing Bird to James is like comparing Sayers to Csonka. Who would you rather see play. For me it's hands down Bird and Sayers. But then again I think Bird may be the best basketball player I've ever seen. And I go way way back.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
The amount of disrespect people have for Bird and guys from that era is insane when you see things on social media trying to prop up the current group, and then all of them are getting worked over by Joker and other unathletic eruo guys on a nightly basis. Its like the Jordan vs James arguments. James would have been good in any era, but getting calls when air touched him and sitting out who knows how many games to rest helped prolong his career. Jordan would have been savage in a league that wasn't allowed to touch him.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’ve only watched highlights of Bird in this thread, but his over the backboard shot and passing make him the best I’ve ever seen. And I turn 106 next Tuesday.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I’ve only watched highlights of Bird in this thread, but his over the backboard shot and passing make him the best I’ve ever seen. And I turn 106 next Tuesday.
You some kinda Benjamin Button or sumthin'???? Hell, by July, you'll probably lap Burl Ives!

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

Interesting
I had you firmly in the Bob Cousy camp.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hakeem the dream
Dominique
The postman

You're talking about a man with menstrual cramps in the NBA finals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator