Credit Card Fraud Update: Smith and Telfort Gone

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
No the problem is we have been down this road before, have seen how other coaches have handled it at UF. This isn't being handled well by the current administration (which is more than just the coaching staff). In two years McElwain has had 14 arrests, we are potentially looking at 10 more depending on how this is handled. Its' not a good look.
:dunno: what do you want him to do? Personally, not knowing the players... I would boot Callaway, but again... I do not know them.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You should go back and read that series of threads again. I was replying to someone that simply said they were forwarding the post to former players. I fail to see how that is "dressing me down" in any way at all, much less perfectly. To each their own.
He said a few other things as well, specifically about looking at your own statement with a straight face, but I don't expect you to mention that part.

I've got news for you bro, credit card fraud IS a felony. It doesn't matter if its a small amount or not. It also doesn't matter if some of these players involved in it don't get charged with said felony. Our justice system is chocked full of felony offenders who either get reduced charges or even none at all in favor of probation, monetary retribution, etc. It doesn't mean they didn't commit the crime. If you commit credit card fraud, you committed a felony. period. And no, doing this isn't the same as slacking off at your desk on a Tuesday.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
A good argument doesn't need to be embellished. The one player that used stolen information to pay his rent may be charged with a felony, although I have not heard that yet.

Which players have been charged with a felony?

Why is he paying his rent w/ a credit card? Doesn't the UAA cut them rent checks or pay their rents? Or do they get the money first....and are expected to pay the rent after they've gotten the money? Seems they could prevent this from ever happening again by cutting out the middle man (i.e. the player getting the money before having to pay the money).

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
He said a few other things as well, specifically about looking at your own statement with a straight face, but I don't expect you to mention that part.

I've got news for you bro, credit card fraud IS a felony. It doesn't matter if its a small amount or not. It also doesn't matter if some of these players involved in it don't get charged with said felony. Our justice system is chocked full of felony offenders who either get reduced charges or even none at all in favor of probation, monetary retribution, etc. It doesn't mean they didn't commit the crime. If you commit credit card fraud, you committed a felony. period. And no, doing this isn't the same as slacking off at your desk on a Tuesday.

Donkey says it has to be over $100 to be a felony.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Language is powerful. Credit card fraud, and that is what it is, sounds pretty evil. Accepting pay for work when you were not working is fraud as well. See how it sounds so much more evil when it is stated that way - "People on this board are committing fraud through the very act of posting indignation at others committing fraud".

It is what it is.
OK....there is a statute against fraud of all kinds. You stated that players are guilty of felony credit card fraud. Again, which players have been charged with felonies?

Are you serious? You talk about reading entire threads before making a judgment, then you post this. Durty has you pegged.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
OK....there is a statute against fraud of all kinds. You stated that players are guilty of felony credit card fraud. Again, which players have been charged with felonies?
Let me give you and the UAA buddies some free advise, STFU. It is sometimes the hardest thing. Hard tonget clients to do it for sure sometime.

Your best course here us to change the subject and hope this dies because there is no minimizing. Bragging about not having indictments yet doesnt help your cause at all.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016

The fraud we commit is different than the fraud others commit. It is easier to sleep at night that way.

My point is that people tend to sit on their high horse and judge others and feel comfortable and powerful in doing so. Those people are not pure. Odds are they do many of the same things, but in a different way and shrug it off and think to themselves that it's somehow different for them.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I think we need to have a firing squad line these losers up and kill them, fire mac and cancel football forever!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Wednesdays yes. Tuesdays no.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Donkey says it has to be over $100 to be a felony.
I'll defer to his statement then, hes the lawyer. I just know that I had someone defraud me for 150 bucks and it was in fact a felony. And it definitely wasn't comparable to a coworker slacking on company time.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I think credit card related fraud in Florida has a pretty low bar for a felony - the amount might only have to be 100 bucks or more but they usually will offer a reduced misdemeanor charge if its not a big amount even if the case gets to the criminal justice system.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
At this point I'm worried the Feds are going to show up and haul me away in chains for providing this website. I evidently am an accessory in thousands of counts of fraud, i.e. people logging on at work.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Are you serious? You talk about reading entire threads before making a judgment, then you post this. Durty has you pegged.

I think you may be confused. I don't recall posting anything about "reading entire threads before making a judgement".

I simply asked where you got the information that players have committed felonies. I have not seen any legitimate news source state that players are being charged with felonies.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Slick, I agree just as criminal. Doesn't make the other right.
like i said... i dont condone, but i am not losing sleep over it... dumb young men made a dumb mistake... move on

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Let me give you and the UAA buddies some free advise, STFU. It is sometimes the hardest thing. Hard tonget clients to do it for sure sometime.

Your best course here us to change the subject and hope this dies because there is no minimizing. Bragging about not having indictments yet doesnt help your cause at all.

You can be angry, make false accusations and call names.....I still like ya.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I'll defer to his statement then, hes the lawyer. I just know that I had someone defraud me for 150 bucks and it was in fact a felony. And it definitely wasn't comparable to a coworker slacking on company time.
Fake Backpage girl?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
So is this the final judgement.............take the key and lock em up lock em up lock em up
Take the key and lock em up my fair lady..............(Remember London Bridges Falling Down)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.