Dan Mullen @ Florida...So Far....

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Without a competent run game, Mullen’s offense has played 7 of their 8 SEC football games, as well as a salty Miami Hurricanes defense, with one hand tied behind their back and yet they still rank 38th in scoring offense (Florida’s 2nd-best mark this decade!) and 36th nationally in yards per play (3rd-best).
giphy.gif

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Written by the same dude who was complimentary of Butters for allkindsofweather…., so fluff piece is a fluff piece.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
dekle is working hard for that chief pump trophy.
I get there's a whole glass half-full / glass half-empty thing ... but the author of that article floated the keg.

By himself.

On an empty stomach.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Its amazing to me that article has so many stupid UGA fans thumping their chest thank UF for hiring Mullen.....that crew needs to stay out of their own stash

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
When you opponent likes your hire, like they did for McElwain.. there is an issue with your hire.
Meh. The Georgia fans I know like the hire, but many are nervous. The FSU & UT fans I know, not so much - they don’t see beating UF any time soon. Personally I don’t give much weight to any of that and neither should you. Were you pleased LSU hired Orgeron? I was. This season it’s working out pretty well for them.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Look, l generally like what Mullen has done. And looking at Frost and Kelly now, hindsight 20/20, he was the correct hire. But until he upgrades the staff, improves recruiting, and beats Georgia, meh.

Obviously, I'm still pissed over the way we looked against a beatable Georgia team
Why I like Mullen? All I have to do is...:mac: and all is grand!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Look, l generally like what Mullen has done. And looking at Frost and Kelly now, hindsight 20/20, he was the correct hire. But until he upgrades the staff, improves recruiting, and beats Georgia, meh.

Obviously, I'm still pissed over the way we looked against a beatable Georgia team
Diddo.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Meh. The Georgia fans I know like the hire, but many are nervous. The FSU & UT fans I know, not so much - they don’t see beating UF any time soon. Personally I don’t give much weight to any of that and neither should you. Were you pleased LSU hired Orgeron? I was. This season it’s working out pretty well for them.

So we aren't worried because two fanbases who programs are tire fires don't think they are going to win soon? Ok... that is where you argument goes extremely south.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's a very good article, but he's going to need to recruit better to get past that 10 win mark and be a real NC contender. We'll see if 10 win seasons end up attracting better talent or not. I'm not confident Mullen will be willing to make the necessary changes. I like him, and think he's a very good coach and does a really good job of developing kids. I just haven't seen anything yet that points to him being able to recruit at an elite level. He may win a NC at some point if he can ever get a real difference maker at QB. Maybe Jones will end up being that guy? Or maybe Anthony Richardson? We'll see I guess.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Basically, what that article says is that Mullen has put together inadequate talent combined with awful play on the field (i.e. no running game), yet the team is 8-2 anyway.

Just imagine how good Mullen could be if he actually assembled talent and got them to play well?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Basically, what that article says is that Mullen has put together inadequate talent combined with awful play on the field (i.e. no running game), yet the team is 8-2 anyway.

Just imagine how good Mullen could be if he actually assembled talent and got them to play well?
That.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Its amazing to me that article has so many stupid UGA fans thumping their chest thank UF for hiring Mullen.....that crew needs to stay out of their own stash
Here’s the thing with UGay fans. Every single one of them know that Smart will only win a National Title if he just absolutely lucks into one. They have a hard time admitting that out loud, but they know in their heart of hearts that it’s true. He’s a pretty piss poor, Muschampion, game day coach(he seems to save his best against UF for some inexplicable reason), and a lights out recruiter. Every time he loses a game, or makes a bone headed decision during a game, they’re ready to run him out of town on the first thing smoking.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here’s the thing with UGay fans. Every single one of them know that Smart will only win a National Title if he just absolutely lucks into one. They have a hard time admitting that out loud, but they know in their heart of hearts that it’s true. He’s a pretty piss poor, Muschampion, game day coach(he seems to save his best against UF for some inexplicable reason), and a lights out recruiter. Every time he loses a game, or makes a bone headed decision during a game, they’re ready to run him out of town on the first thing smoking.

They know that Kirby doesn't have half the Xs and Os that Mullen has. But Mullen so far hasn't come close to showing he can pull in the type of talent Kirby has. You can only coach up Talent so far, before the waves of talent will over take your well coached talent. Also the most recent meeting between the two schools had one team that looked completely lost and poorly coached, and it wasn't the side both sides expected to look lost and poorly coached.

DocZaius

Founding Member
Return to Monke
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
With regard to recruiting,Mullen do it alone - there has to be some $$ poured into it. It's no surprise that Georgia is pulling elite talent with the amount of money they've poured into facilities and recruiting.

The cost of college football recruiting — and winning — is now through the roof

From fiscal years 2016 through 2018, Georgia’s football recruiting expenditures totaled just over $1.5 million more than any other of the nation’s 52 public Power Five universities, according to figures reported to the NCAA and obtained by the Courier Journal and USA TODAY Network in partnership with Syracuse University's S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications.

At Georgia, such spending has marked a dramatic upturn that has accompanied Smart’s arrival after the 2015 season.

From 2016 to 2018, Georgia exceeded its budgeted amounts for football recruiting by millions to collectively spend more than $7 million, well ahead of No. 2 Alabama (roughly $5.56 million) and No. 3 Tennessee ($5 million).

Georgia’s football recruiting expenditures have more than quadrupled in recent years, going from $581,531 in the 2013 fiscal year, when Mark Richt was head coach, to roughly $2.63 million in 2018 (not adjusting for inflation).

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
So we aren't worried because two fanbases who programs are tire fires don't think they are going to win soon? Ok... that is where you argument goes extremely south.
No. My point is I don’t put faith in opposing teams fans bases opinions. The FSU & UT fan bases hating our having Mullen means as much to me as Ugly fans loving it. There may be plenty of reasons to worry about Mullen, but Ugly fans wanting us to keep him ain’t one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator