Status
Not open for further replies.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If he can fix the recruiting and be a little less forgiving to coaches not quite cutting it, he'll be a championship coach.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I truly believe this is Mullen's dream job and he's gonna give it his all. Just needs to get better at recruiting, and he's got to realize that, so hopefully he'll drop the dead weight he needs to at season's end and things really start rolling in the right direction in that area as well.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Nice article thanks for posting.

One thing the writer alluded to, that all the great coaches do, is to get more from less. He's not Bear Bryant yet but he is doing more with less. If he gets recruiting up there a bit more it will be like the glory days.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp. I stand by to this day that Muschamp is a good football coach. He is also an elite recruiter
And he wanted Taggart. (which was no one but Twitter black caucus.)

it isn't even debatable this author is an idiot.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
, so hopefully he'll drop the dead weight he needs to at season's end and things really start rolling in the right direction in that area as well.
as many terrible coaches as we've had lately,
how many underperforming assistants have been fired from University of Florida?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
as many terrible coaches as we've had lately,
how many underperforming assistants have been fired from University of Florida?

If he don't do it after this year, then I won't have confidence in him doing it at all. He'll basically be saying he can recruit annually between 10-15 and win big. Really big gamble for him to make, I really hope he won't be that stubborn.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If he don't do it after this year, then I won't have confidence in him doing it at all. He'll basically be saying he can recruit annually between 10-15 and win big. Really big gamble for him to make, I really hope he won't be that stubborn.
my point was that it may not be the coach. remember that even after two coaches left during recruiting season we refused to pay to hire new coaches because they were cheaper after signing day... and bragged about saving money to reporters.

I'm saying this maybe in large part and athletic director problem too, in addition to Mullins making some bad hires, who frankly are his friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator