Dane Dunning (and a thread on other Gators in minor league baseball)

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Recently saw a blurb about Dane Dunning being named the White Sox minor league pitcher of the month. So, I decided to look up his stats so far this year. WOW!

Over 26 innings (4 starts), he has a 0.35 ERA, 0.577 WHIP, and a 33:2 strikeout to walk ratio.

That is other-worldly (although, keep in mind that it was in A-ball. He has now been called up to Advanced A ball)

I also thought maybe we could use this thread to update how some other Gator baseball players are doing in their quest to try and get to the big leagues. Anybody have any info on others?

I'll start. I was at a Tulsa Drillers game the other day (AA) and they were playing the A's double-A squad. Richie Martin (former 1st round pick) was their starting SS. Looks like he is struggling a bit in his quest for the majors. In his third season out, he is hitting .212 with 2 HR through 24 games. He has yet to hit over .237 for a season.

Another is A.J. Puk. 1st round pick from last year and not deep into his quest yet. Playing in high-A ball this year he has pitched 20.1 inning and has a 5.31 ERA with a 1.180 WHIP and a 33:8 strikeout to walk ratio.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Change the title: "Tim Tebow....and other Gators in the minors". You'll get more hits/likes. :D

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Harrison Bader is doing a great job with Memphis (St Louis affiliate AAA). I always thought he would make some big
league club better one day, and it looks like he could be part of the September call ups. With a great chance to make the cardinals next season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.