DBU? Who's your guy?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'd also like to Seminole fans embrace the bowl hair cut. That seemed to be the trend here or atleast that's all i noticed.

Ancient Seminole mythology speaks of a bowl-cut pale face that would surface and exact revenge on their enemies. Not by violence, but by careful deception and deliberate misinformation regarding future athletic recruitment--all but securing their failures with said prospects--while hiding his true identity in a carefully scripted guise that entailed praising specific brands of cotton fabrics most often associated with the preppy and equine driven crowd

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
i understand all the love for Williams and Oliver, but there were other guys in the 80's that lit it up.

Adrian White and Richard Fain are two that come to mind. #DBUforever

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Jerry Odum was a big part of this

Loved him, but it would be more accurate to say that Jerry Odum was a short part of this.

(Of course, these guys [Tim Paulk, Fee Bartley, Godfrey Myles] were LBs, not DBs.)

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
i understand all the love for Williams and Oliver, but there were other guys in the 80's that lit it up.

Adrian White and Richard Fain are two that come to mind. #DBUforever
Yeah we've had a lot of great DBs since the 80s. Of course we also had great OL, TE, RBs, QBs, WRs, DL, and LBs during that time except for one period.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Loved him, but it would be more accurate to say that Jerry Odum was a short part of this.

(Of course, these guys [Tim Paulk, Fee Bartley, Godfrey Myles] were LBs, not DBs.)

I think they all played "Gatorback" at one time or another. We played a 4-4 with a hybrid OLB/SS. I know Myles, Bartley, and Monte Grow played the position. Not positive about Paulk. Ferocious hitters, all of them.

We also had a "Banditback" position (as in Spurrier's Tampa Bay Bandits). Soon, everybody on D wanted a fancy name for their position. We had a walk-on special teams guy and sometimes LB named Gregg Diamond. He became the "Diamondback".

And as much as we loved Jerry Odom...He was more solid than spectacular.

Alex.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Tony George was the catalyst for the altercation at midfield before the start of the FSU game. We never really hit our stride offensively that year largely due to inconsistency at QB.
If I remember correctly didn't Johnson fire a football at Boobies head during that brawl just missing him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator