DC/OL Coach Hot Board

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Nassau CC probably has better O Tackles. Watching Tarquin try to block last week was about the saddest thing I have seen as a Gator fan. Up there with our guys blocking each other. Or the lil guy throwing the shoe.
Forgot Delance and Xavier Nixon that fast, huh?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Butch Davis is available. yes I know he is old but I guarantee him coaching anyone's defense would be better than any team Joe Lee Dunn Jr. has his stamp on.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
Butch Davis is available. yes I know he is old but I guarantee him coaching anyone's defense would be better than any team Joe Lee Dunn Jr. has his stamp on.

I was just digging on Butch Davis. Here is what I found:

1. When he was the DC of the Dallas Cowboys back in 1993 and 1994 he coached the #2 and #3 scoring defenses in the NFL. So the guy was an elite NFL DC back in the day.

2. We know he could recruit and coach back when he was at Miami.

3. When he went back to the NFL at Cleveland, he was actually the last coach to take Cleveland to the playoffs until it was done in 2020. His defenses were ranked 15th, 10th, 12th, and 24th in scoring defense. So most of the time his defenses were in the top half of the league.

4. At North Carolina his defenses ranked 43rd, 32nd, 14th, and 45th. So he was pretty decent there as well.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
We can go ahead and eliminate Orgeron from the DC board.

Attachments

• 5D8811F4-D902-48FC-953C-5A193E91B3AB.jpeg
    5D8811F4-D902-48FC-953C-5A193E91B3AB.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 42

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with that. I never saw him as that, but I've seen other fans suggest Orgeron as DC.
Youve probably alsoseen them suggest Tim Tebow.

you may have not gotten the word but there's no requirement that you'd be even semi-intelligent post here.

Ask Crete.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
This is perhaps the most irrelevant thread ever. Assistant coaches are completely irrelevant as long as Dan is still in charge.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
Youve probably alsoseen them suggest Tim Tebow.

you may have not gotten the word but there's no requirement that you'd be even semi-intelligent post here.

Ask Crete.

Sadly, I actually have seen that over on TOS.

There is a guy who wouldn't surprise me. I actually have good reason to believe he was high on Mullen's list a couple of years ago. Won't get into how I know that, but I wouldn't be surprised if Don Brown's name comes up eventually. Looks like he might be a candidate for the UMass job, though.

Former Michigan DC Don Brown Reportedly “Top Candidate” For 1 Head Coaching Job (msn.com)

Arizona DC Don Brown on what went wrong with Michigan football defense (usatoday.com)

In the past he's had really good defenses, so I would not be upset at all if he's the guy who gets the call.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator