Decline of University of Miami Football

ATXGator

Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
PatDooleySucks;n200355 said:
Also, as a side. That was the luckiest 11 win team that I've ever seen. They only played two complete games Texas AM and FSU. In fact, those were the only two good games Chimp coached while he was at UF. I get that it may have been the best defense we ever fielded. But the ways we beat teams like lsu and south Carolina did not evidence a well-rounded, good team.

I actually loved the LSU game that year. We just ran the ball down their f'n throats and they couldn't stop us. We just ran and ran and ran in the third and fourth quarter gaining 8 or 9 yards at a clip. We couldn't pass protect that game, but I personally think there is nothing better than just running at will on a team (like UGA last year).

Gatorphan

Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
ATXGator;n200427 said:
I actually loved the LSU game that year. We just ran the ball down their f'n throats and they couldn't stop us. We just ran and ran and ran in the third and fourth quarter gaining 8 or 9 yards at a clip. We couldn't pass protect that game, but I personally think there is nothing better than just running at will on a team (like UGA last year).
I agree. I enjoyed most of the games through LSU and FSU. We played ugly in between but only lost once. I had a good feeling about the program going into '13.

Alagator

Gator Fever;n200038 said:
Yep its a pure bandwagon fan base down there that won't attend their games unless they are near the top of the rankings.

They won't even come then. A couple of years ago after they beat our 4-8 Muschamp team they briefly climbed into the top 10. I remember a reporter posting a pic online of a half empty stadium. The comment attached to the photo was something like "This team is undefeated and ranked #7 in the country and the stadium is still less than 1/2 full. What do these fans want?"

Of course that brief and lofty ranking came partly after beating a ranked UF team that was highly overvalued coming off the cusp of an 11 win season. Naturally they finished the season on a skid and unranked. unfortunately, we were in no position to laugh at them. That was the ONE game that I wanted to win most that year, mainly because we were not scheduled to play them again and the winner of that game would have lasting bragging rights.

stephenPE;n200488 said:
I just like the sound of that. With Randy S here combined with that I look forward to some Def studs soon

you probably witnessed some rough, rough miami games. you may laugh but '03 was the roughest gator game I've had until last year fsu.

PatDooleySucks;n200592 said:
you probably witnessed some rough, rough miami games. you may laugh but '03 was the roughest gator game I've had until last year fsu.

well, roughest since '03. ut in '01 and '95 Nebraska were awful. Actually. Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl was pretty rotten for me

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
That ND game in NO was awful. They had the great RB (he was a tank) We kept kicking FGs and then by the 2nd half we were down to 2nd and 3rd string LBs. It was over. Add to that the team was there for more fun than the game. If SOS had to lose to someone I guess LH was the one that hurt the least. Was at the Neb, game too. Unreal. But their fans made it easier to take. Nicest fans I have ever met. I was at that Miami game in NO. Their fans are pretty obnoxious. But the worst loss to UM was SOS's Heisman year. They let us know he was the hairy heisman. But Kerwin's first game in Tampa agains UM was epic. He had them beat. If you look at the program from that game there are about 20 future NFL players on there from both squads...........

TheDouglas78

Lifetime Member
stephenPE;n200751 said:
That ND game in NO was awful. They had the great RB (he was a tank) We kept kicking FGs and then by the 2nd half we were down to 2nd and 3rd string LBs. It was over. Add to that the team was there for more fun than the game. If SOS had to lose to someone I guess LH was the one that hurt the least. Was at the Neb, game too. Unreal. But their fans made it easier to take. Nicest fans I have ever met. I was at that Miami game in NO. Their fans are pretty obnoxious. But the worst loss to UM was SOS's Heisman year. They let us know he was the hairy heisman. But Kerwin's first game in Tampa agains UM was epic. He had them beat. If you look at the program from that game there are about 20 future NFL players on there from both squads...........

The running back is 2015 NFL Hall of Famer Jerome Bettis. He was a monster that game due to our lack of depth at LB.

WobbleGator

Chatterbox Mod
TheDouglas78;n200752 said:
The running back is 2015 NFL Hall of Famer Jerome Bettis. He was a monster that game due to our lack of depth at LB.

That guy was a monster in games even if you had HOF LBers on your team.

Sgt. Schultz

Banned
Banned
It's a strange world. Now UF has a former Head coach and alumni of Miami on the staff. He's now showing film of former Miami linebackers to Florida players in an effort to show them how it's done. Miami has not even won it's division title since joining the ACC. But it does take a lot of nerve for any Florida fans to denigrate the Hurricanes. After all, it wasn't Miami that dropped playing Florida, it's the other way around, and it's not Miami that doesn't want to play Florida now. Since UF dropped Miami, the record is 5-1 in favor of Miami. Did it ever occur to you that the reason FSU has an advantage over UF in recruiting in South Florida is because they play Miami? It's one thing to talk about having a presence in South Florida, it's quite another when you refuse to play the team that's located there. At least kids like Dalvin Cook get a chance to play in front of their hometown fans if they go to FSU, something they'll never have a chance to do at Florida. Believe it or not, a single player like Cook can make a difference. I don't believe in "ifs," but I do think UF would have been a better team last year with Cook because he's an actual playmaker that UF seems to not have.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
You are getting that desperate to reach for an arguable point?

Interesting, but not that interesting.

Durty South Swamp

doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Private sh*ts' posts really do display a complete and total homoerotic love affair with a bunch of 18-22 yr olds who would probably rob him blind and bang his boyfreind if they had the opportunity and even knew he existed. Im starting to get a strong feeling he was the semenhole vaping his buddies jizz last month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator