Del Rio matters!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Look... I'm not saying the guy is a Heisman Trophy winner, but I do think the offense will be much better with him at QB. I'm hoping his leadership in the huddle helps with the OL, but I am also excited for somebody who can go through progressions. Yes... you don't want to always dink and dunk, but sometimes that is what the D gives you and you still need to take it and move the chains!

Oh... and please can we just play Scarlett and Perine at RB! Thompson is not the guy we hoped he would be, so lets get guys in there that have vision and can hit the hole.

Some examples:

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I agree, LDR is a big difference maker. He's not going to wow anyone w' deep throws and escapability but he can read a presnap defense. He knows where to go w' the ball before the snap and that is a huge plus w' our OL. His leadership is also a key in the huddle. He has a way to calm the players and get the most out of them on the field. He is no Danny but he's the best we have and we will see more offensive production this week!

Go Gators!!!

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think if LDR played against Vandy, UF would have scored at least 15 more points. Also, not giving Scarlett 20 carries a game may be the difference of a TD as well. LDR's absence was bad luck. Scarlett's is simply bad coaching. Hopefully the coaches will fix this or else they are no different from Muscahmp and Co.

Cozumel Gator

Living in paradise, streaming all games
Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2016
It is brutal watching the Gators play here in Cozumel Mexico. I have been put through the grinder since Grier beat Tenn last year. I just do not have the capability of just turning on my TV and watching the game. Thank you all for your perspectives and news on the Gators. All of you allow me to make it through this season no matter how bad the season gets.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Those two Appleby pics are Treon all over again. Let's hope Del rio can make the right reads

StPeteGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It is brutal watching the Gators play here in Cozumel Mexico. I have been put through the grinder since Grier beat Tenn last year. I just do not have the capability of just turning on my TV and watching the game. Thank you all for your perspectives and news on the Gators. All of you allow me to make it through this season no matter how bad the season gets.

My heart goes out to you. Say hello to Senor Frog. :cool:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You live in Cozumel? That's awesome. I spent a week at the cozumeleno resort in 2008. Beautiful.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Look... I'm not saying the guy is a Heisman Trophy winner, but I do think the offense will be much better with him at QB. I'm hoping his leadership in the huddle helps with the OL, but I am also excited for somebody who can go through progressions. Yes... you don't want to always dink and dunk, but sometimes that is what the D gives you and you still need to take it and move the chains!

Oh... and please can we just play Scarlett and Perine at RB! Thompson is not the guy we hoped he would be, so lets get guys in there that have vision and can hit the hole.

Some examples:

I'm with you on that ATX. LDR does make a difference on that and would particularly on those photos you show. Perrine to me seems to attack the LOS faster than any of the backs we have. I really wish we would scrap most of the shotgun formation that we use and line up under center. It is evident by the photos the OLmen are hitting blocks, maintaining them, and have opportunities for the backs. I just think when we hand off 5 yards deep backs like Thompson seem to dance around instead of hitting the hole. I think the few times AA was under center Perrine was in the game and we all saw how he did.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I noticed the run too. Huge hole or run up the backs of my teammates.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Disagree some. I have a feeling after LDR gets beat up Saturday slides like this will be applicable also maybe for interceptions instead after watching him play earlier in the season. He has missed open guys also in our cupcake games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.