Delusional B1G 10

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
i don't get the B1G 10 Network. They have like 5 channels on my guide though, all showing the exact same thing. Anyway.

Right now they're showing something called:
"The Game: 2006....Remembered"

WTF could that be I wonder? So I hit the info button. I **** you not, this is the description:

"The history of events leading up to the much-anticipated matchup between the top-ranked Buckeyes and the second-ranked Wolverines in what is now called the Game of the Century."

Really BTN? Really?

Nobody called it that after the greatest college football team ever put up a measly 81 yards of total offense on us a month later in the BCS Championship Game. You know, the game that mattered. Maybe we need to remind you about that one.

hi-res-72965103_crop_north.jpg

Go home BTN. You're drunk.

And delusional.

Alex.

Last edited:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If you're old enough, if you went to the game, or if you were posting back then, you know why this is so galling.

All the talking heads were calling for a BCS game re-match between UM and tOSU because they were head and shoulders the best teams in the country. Nobody wanted us in that game (except Gary Danielson who campaigned hard for us in the second half of the SEC Championship Game--he was the lone national voice saying we deserved a shot and thank God he did).

Even after winning the SEC game, we figured we were a long shot for the BCS Game. We figured we were Sugar Bowl bound. But the BCS did the right thing and we got the call. That's when we started hating the Buckeyes, the Wolverines, and the rest of the B1G 10. They descended on us like a swarm of locusts. Not just one or two posters, but dozens. A few would get banned, and twice as many would appear to replace them. They posted pictures, body fat percentages, explained how they beat Miami a couple years earlier and they had "SEC Speed", we heard about how inept our offense was, how they had the greatest offense in the history of college football, that we were in store for a beatdown like the Nebraska game, except that they were classy and would probably call off the dogs in the second half. They pitied us. They tried to explain Xs and Os to us. Even claimed to be a superior academic school. Told us that the game would be a blow out but at least we'd have the pleasure of seeing their band, the best band in the history of college bands, perform. Michigan fans were pissed. They were better than us and they were the ONLY team that could beat tOSU on a neutral field. They said we only got into the game because Buckeye homers knew Michigan might be able to beat them but we had no chance at all...we were a guaranteed Buckeye NC. Because they knew they were going long before we knew we were going, they bought all the game tickets, booked all the flights and hotel rooms. We were outnumbered like it was a home game for them. And the arrogance. So for a month we had to put up with all this. And then we finally shut them up good. And now BTN is trotting this Game of the Century BS out again? Like nobody remembers 41-14 and 81 yards of total offense? Did Troy Smith just get sacked again?

F U B1G 10. I got your Game of the Century right here!

smithbcs.jpg

t1_0108_smith1_getty%5B6%5D.jpg

orl-locbcsufohiostate1ic20070108184804

Alex.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Gary Danielson did us a huge solid. I used to love it when he would see something on the field and then basically call the next play. One of the best color guys in the biz.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
i don't get the B1G 10 Network. They have like 5 channels on my guide though, all showing the exact same thing. Anyway.

Right now they're showing something called:
"The Game: 2006....Remembered"

WTF could that be I wonder? So I hit the info button. I **** you not, this is the description:

"The history of events leading up to the much-anticipated matchup between the top-ranked Buckeyes and the second-ranked Wolverines in what is now called the Game of the Century."

Really BTN? Really?

Nobody called it that after the greatest college football team ever put up a measly 81 yards of total offense on us a month later in the BCS Championship Game. You know, the game that mattered. Maybe we need to remind you about that one.

hi-res-72965103_crop_north.jpg

Go home BTN. You're drunk.

And delusional.

Alex.

I believe it was 82 yards, but everything else you said was correct.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
I'm sure everyone of you like myself enjoyed watching Meat chicken get waxed by So Cal in the Rose Bowl while Doug Flutie had to admit he was wrong about UF not deserving a spot in the CBS title game.

I'm sure the BTN wants to avoid Herbstreit to chime in on that season.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I believe it was 82 yards, but everything else you said was correct.

I think it was 91... whatever, it was a sub-100 yd output that osu and big 10ish homers should hang their heads in shame whenever that game or even the years 2006 or 2007 are mentioned.

Go Gators!!!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Oh, and SEC Network should make a big "Game of the Century" promo and replay that glorious beat down that began the greatest NC dominance by a single conference in NCAA history.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yep it was crazy how they tried to spin that game to screw us over. If I remember right it wasn't that great of a game anyway with OSU in charge in reality and up by double digits most of the game. Michigan scored a late TD to get within a few points but didn't recover the onside kick so the game itself wasn't really that big of a deal and had a typical ending.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
After the month of telling us we didn't belong and we were going to get beat down as Alex so eloquently describes above, I literally threw up a little in my throat after the opening kickoff return for a TD by Ginn.

But after Leak marched us right down the field to tie it up I knew we were in good shape and would win. One of my favorite games of all time.

:chomp:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
After a month where they were calling Ohio State one of the best teams ever. I remember listening to a few sports radio guys the next day, saying how wrong they were. Jim Rome mentioned how he was wrong, and it was ESPN's fault for a lot of the misconception about the Big 10 and SEC, because as employees they were shown mostly Big 10 football due to the contract with the league.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think the worst of it was that gawdawful snoopy sing playing constantly. Hearing that twice in a month is too much and it was everywhere.

I think they brought the whole damn state. Both Phoenix and Tucson were jam-packed with fat, pasty suckeyes. It was amazing how quickly they disappeared though at about halftime.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I interviewed a kid from pOSU the week before the game. I couldn't believe how arrogant the little twerp was. I took him to lunch and of course we started talking football. He actually asked me if I thought we even had a chance.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
i was at a viewing (friends dad died) the night before the game, and a guy there was a big Penn State grad who I knew through my friend. We would always talk football, he asked if we had a chance. I told him we would win by double digits, he looked at me and then asked why. I said the skills positions would be a wash, but no Big 10 teams had speed on the defensive line we had. After the burial that friday the group of us went to dinner, he told me he couldn't remember a defensive line performance that dominant in his 30+ years of watching football.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.