Did you know? 8 QB's on roster? Wha?

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Being curious, I looked at the roster on Gatorzone...

We have 8 QB's on it.

3 Treon Harris JR.

11 Kyle Trask FR

12 Austin Appleby Gr

13 Brian Fallace R-So Wha? Who? When? I have not seen this one before....
Apparently a walk on from Spring 2015
Palm Bay High School’s Top Scholar for 2014

13 Felipe Franks FR

14 Luke Del Rio R-Jr

17 Anderson Proctor R-Jr Wha? Who? When? Apparently another walk on of spring 2015

22 Harry Gornto V R-Fr Wha? Who? When? Apparently another walk on before the 2015 season

So, we know Treon won't stay in this list. We'll have plenty of pickin's thats for sure.

I certainly don't remember seeing anything about all of these walk-ons from last year.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like 1 maybe 2 that could and should actually start in an SEC game. Here's hoping the quarterback whisperer can get clarabelle ready in time.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
2 to 4 of them might actually see time in a game... the rest are camp arms. Just like we had 3 camp arms last year, a wide receiver turned QB after Grier, and two other guys who might see real action.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They can list as many as they want, but only 3 of those QB's have a chance at seeing the field this Fall and Treon is not one of them. If we do have to use a third QB this year, then that will be very bad.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You mean we had that many more options last year?

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

If you've seen any of my posts, I've written extensively about this guy. I think he'll become an important member of the team this year. Mac was a bit hard on him last year because he showed up to fall practice a little on the chubby side, he was standing too erect in the pocket, and his throwing motion was stiff. He seems to have worked through that, and by all accounts has the kind of blue-veined work ethic and natural leadership skills Mac is looking for. He won't be a starter, but we can really molest some defenses by starting Del Rio, then quickly inserting Fallace without warning. It will really add a dimension to our team that Treon Harris was known for at times.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
We had that many last year yet none were more capable than Treon freakin Harris during our last 4 games.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
2 to 4 of them might actually see time in a game... the rest are camp arms. Just like we had 3 camp arms last year, a wide receiver turned QB after Grier, and two other guys who might see real action.
Don't know how you can be correct; law explained in another thread that Trask had to have a scholly because Mac needed a camp arm.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you've seen any of my posts, I've written extensively about this guy. I think he'll become an important member of the team this year. Mac was a bit hard on him last year because he showed up to fall practice a little on the chubby side, he was standing too erect in the pocket, and his throwing motion was stiff. He seems to have worked through that, and by all accounts has the kind of blue-veined work ethic and natural leadership skills Mac is looking for. He won't be a starter, but we can really molest some defenses by starting Del Rio, then quickly inserting Fallace without warning. It will really add a dimension to our team that Treon Harris was known for at times.
Nicely done, once again. I was going to chime in that Pasty knew about this Phallic character 'long' ago and had some really 'heady' posts about him last season.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
8 QBs ?? That offense has options written all over it.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Being curious, I looked at the roster on Gatorzone...

We have 8 QB's on it.

3 Treon Harris JR.

11 Kyle Trask FR

12 Austin Appleby Gr

Apparently a walk on from Spring 2015
Palm Bay High School’s Top Scholar for 2014

13 Felipe Franks FR

14 Luke Del Rio R-Jr

17 Anderson Proctor R-Jr Wha? Who? When? Apparently another walk on of spring 2015

22 Harry Gornto V R-Fr Wha? Who? When? Apparently another walk on before the 2015 season

So, we know Treon won't stay in this list. We'll have plenty of pickin's thats for sure.

I certainly don't remember seeing anything about all of these walk-ons from last year.

Dude, you should look at the roster more often....

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

I heard he was wearing a purple helmet on the practice squad

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand why Treon played in the bowl game. Mac considers himself the QB whisperer, could he not get one of the walk ons ready in four weeks?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand why Treon played in the bowl game. Mac considers himself the QB whisperer, could he not get one of the walk ons ready in four weeks?

Whisper all you want, you can get blood from a stone. There is a reason the walk-on guys have a combined 0 stars between them when in their recruiting cycle. You need talent to coach, a coach isn't going to change a guy with an extremely limited ceiling especially behind the line we had.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But Guy was talked up during the spring. It's hard for me to imagine that the walk ons could be as bad as Treon.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But Guy was talked up during the spring. It's hard for me to imagine that the walk ons could be as bad as Treon.

Add weak or inconsistent arm depending on the guy (Both for a few) behind an inconsistent line. There is a reason we saw a lot of Treon, it's because the options behind him were that bad. There is a reason we had to get three walk-ons before last season, and it's because the roster at that position was that bad. With all the good/great recruiting class ranks Muschamp had, most of them were only on Defense. The fact that he really didn't recruit well or at all on Offensive Line, Quarterback, Wide Reciever, etc... is still hurting us today. That does make me have some concerns about our 2016 class for McElwain's lack of defense (especially DL) recruits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator