Different suggestion for HBC

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Watching the Panthers how about Mike Shula for our next head coach. He is an offensive guy, has some SEC experience and might be willing to come.

Comment as you desire.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Experienced P5 coach with a record of 10+ win seasons. Someone who was doing more with less. Preferably knows the south (SEC, ACC, BIG 12). Offensive pedigree.
Mike Gundy comes to mind.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Don't get desperate. Be patient. Aim high.

Desperation, Impatience, and being beyond fiscally responsible are the cornerstones of the athletic dept. in regards to football. And all that was put into place by what many of the pumpers call the greatest AD of the modern era. The reason we are masters of desperation, impatience and cheapness is b/c over there is no process, no attention to detail, no daily plan, nor any idea what real football looks or smells like. This was all put into place by the aforementioned greatest AD of all time!!!!!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Unless he’s learned from his mistakes at TB (nuss-clone OC) and bamuh, absolutely NOT.

I don’t care for scam, but his athletic ability can mask an OC’s deficiencies.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The Bull Gator boosters are the ones who will make it happen. I don't blame them for not wanting to throw more money at an unproven coach. They are still paying for the Chump error. Now they have to pony up even more to buyout Mac. And I don't blame them for not trusting what the UAA does with the money. If it were me I'd be waiting for a home run candidate before I opened my checkbook.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
While he seems to have come into his own as an NFL OC...he failed miserably her ein Tampa and was fired at Bammer. Thanks, but no thanks.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
He certainly has the genes...........Daddy Shula was a legend.,

Oh yeah, those genes worked out extremely well for one David Shula, son of the legend Don Shula, brother of failed head coach Mike Shula. Say what you want about Jimmy Johnson, but JJ noticed early on that David Shula was a terrible coach and demoted him from OC of the Dallas Cowboys to WR coach. Then, on name alone, the Brown family, yes of Paul Brown fame and owners of the Bengals, hired David Shula as their head coach on name only. How did that work out? David was so successful as a football coach that he decided his talents would be better served in the restaurant industry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.