Founding Member
Say he feels it's time to move on #FairwellUF

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He ll be the second Gator taken. Could make money if he does well at combine and may well be most athletic OT.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This isn't really a surprise. Its already been reported that Coach Mac is having at team meeting tomorrow [Monday, Jan. 5th] to talk to the team about the new direction that are about to undertake. I like what Ahmad Fulwood said before the Birmingham Bowl game about being on stage for the new coach and they'd better step up. I'll bet Ahmad's 87 yard "step" got Mac's attention. It will be interesting to see how many more declare after that meeting.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Unless he can figure out a way to get over 300 he'll struggle in the NFL like he did at UF. Reading some scouting reports on him today, that was mentioned over and over not to mention his habit of getting lazy on the field.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hope everything works out for him. While it's easy to sit here and say he's making a foolish choice, I wouldn't presume to know what's best for someone whose situation I don't know. Good luck to him.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think he could use another year. But he's struggled with injuries his entire career. If he's picked in the first 3 rounds it's a good move for him.

We could sure use him for another year though.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Feel free to merge in your other thread. I was just too lazy to look beyond page 1.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n144686 said:
He ll be the second Gator taken. Could make money if he does well at combine and may well be most athletic OT.

Hard to say - It wouldn't surprise me if Chaz Green goes before him.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wish him luck. Good time to go ahead and go.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;144699 said:
Feel free to merge in your other thread. I was just too lazy to look beyond page 1.

No need to. I'm just keeping the info in one thread. The Draft thread won't get moving until closer to April.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Geez, I guess he knows what is best for himself and his family better than I, but another average underzized OL heading to the NFL. Generally underweight tackles better be 100% flawless in their mechanics. He got beat on the bull rush and the speed rush. Just seems like a project to me. If I were an NFL GM I would not be beating down his door.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
g8trs99;144750 said:
Geez, I guess he knows what is best for himself and his family better than I, but another average underzized OL heading to the NFL. Generally underweight tackles better be 100% flawless in their mechanics. He got beat on the bull rush and the speed rush. Just seems like a project to me. If I were an NFL GM I would not be beating down his door.

I would not either. It seems that all the O lineman we got that were under 290 lbs have never panned out.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope he does well , I like having gators play good in the league. If he gets in the right situation and they bring him along slowly, he might make a a pretty good tackle. He played pretty good this year

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He ll have great combine numbers. Thats all the NFL cares about. I know his game film is mediocre and I expect him to be a bust unless he gains weight, but.....NFL loves 40 and shuttle times.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
biggator6;n144888 said:
Martez Ivey.. come on down!

We could see Sharpe at LT, Rod Johnson at RT, and Ivey spelling the two of them.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I wish Hump the best, but I don't think this is a good decision. I think he is getting bad advice. While his combine numbers may be good.... many teams do look at game film and he has not been very dominant at the college level. Not sure how he thinks he will be successful in the NFL. Another year would have benefited him IMO, but like others have said... I don't know his situation and everything that went into the decision, so I hope he does very well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.