alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TNgator20;n171004 said:
I hope he doesn't leave.

He's gone.....CeCe's drama is due to his father not wanting to sign LOI. I don't understand why a legal adult needs a parent to sign.

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014
alcoholica;n171010 said:
He's gone.....CeCe's drama is due to his father not wanting to sign LOI. I don't understand why a legal adult needs a parent to sign.

So, why is he "gone"? Why so sure the issue can't and won't be resolved with him ending up at UF after all?

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014
TNgator20;n171017 said:
Do you think all of this drama has something to do with Cowart's drama yesterday?

No. I think he committed and Mac informed him and his pops that Williams was leaving. His dad flipped out over the news (over reacted) and now we're waiting for it all to calm down, and for everyone involved to realize that we upgraded the DL coaching position by hiring Rumph. Just my opinion.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If I was CeCe I'd wait as well. There's nothing that says his NLI has to be sent in today. He should meet Chris and make sure it's still a great fit for him. That's the mature process.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
GatorStompin';n171033 said:
No. I think he committed and Mac informed him and his pops that Williams was leaving. His dad flipped out over the news (over reacted) and now we're waiting for it all to calm down, and for everyone involved to realize that we upgraded the DL coaching position by hiring Rumph. Just my opinion.
I hope it's as simple as that. From everything I've been reading Rumph is a solid coach and a good recruiter.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
alcoholica;n171010 said:
Just another example of how screwed up the NCAA rules are. If your 18 you should be able to sign wherever you want!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Holy crap...we can't catch a break. Williams should have stuck to his commitment here. That's kinda bush league.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;171045 said:
Holy crap...we can't catch a break. Williams should have stuck to his commitment here. That's kinda bush league.

Teryl Austin was here about the same amount of time. Moral of the story? Don't hire NFL guys. They're mercenaries.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mac obviously knew this was coming because he got the replacement very quickly.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TNgator20;n171017 said:
Do you think all of this drama has something to do with Cowart's drama yesterday?

I think the rumor was Cowart didn't take to Williams in their first meeting and maybe Mac saw that as a bad thing moving forward with future recruits and decided to nip that issue in the bud. :dunno:
Weren't there reports that Williams was happy to be back coaching college again and looking forward to recruiting. Something is really out of whack here. Interesting timing for it all too. I wonder what the TX D line recruits who just signed up yesterday are thinking. Well, I just looked at their list of 29 signees and they only landed one DT and two DEs (maybe they were already well positioned on the D line). Again, :dunno:
Weird stuff happening.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
what are the odds jefferson never ends up coming to UF? that would be our kind of luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator